How to care for hands and feet
Femininity is expressed in various ways, in attitude, in the happiness of being a woman, in hair care, in the art of makeup and in foot and hand care. The feet are responsible for supporting the weight of our body daily, when well cared for, they transmit harmony and joy in the way we lead life. The hands are our main tools to caress, seduce, embrace and achieve with it what we want. We could never contain them, give away our age and if we do not take care of them they add years to the true age.
The importance of hand and foot care
It is very easy to know if your hands need urgent care: if they are dry and rough to the touch.
The skin of the hands is very sensitive, almost as much as that of the face, and yet it resists many more things, since it is our main tool.
Our hands are resentful of external agents such as sun, cold, heat and water, as they attack its natural protection barrier.
In the palms of the hands, the skin is more robust, but it absorbs with difficulty the hydration, since it lacks sebaceous glands and hair.
On the other hand, the skin on the back of the hands is very thin, and contains very little adipose tissue, which makes it sensitive and causes faster aging.
That is why it is very important to keep them well hydrated, so that they look good and the skin does not break. A good moisturizing hand cream cannot be missing from our vanity case, as it will make a difference.
When choosing it, you must take into account factors such as your skin type, to avoid possible adverse reactions. At the end of the post you will find our best selection in hand creams.
In addition, with small gestures we can take maximum care of our hands and prevent them from cracking excessively.
Here are some tips.
Tips for hand care
- When doing housework, it is recommended to use rubber or latex gloves so that your hands do not come in contact with chemicals.
- The hands are the part of our body most exposed to abrasives on a daily basis, such as soap, constant gaze at water, wind and sun. So avoid alcoholic products and use mild skin soaps.
- Wash them in warm water. Hot water dries out the skin a lot and causes dehydration, so lukewarm cold water together with a neutral pH soap will be ideal for your hands.
- Use moisturizer every time you wash your hands; In this way you return the oil to the skin that is lost in each wash.
- Use an exfoliating cream once a week and massage your hands. Exfoliate at least once a week, apply a scrub (can be facial or body) to remove dead cells and activate circulation.
- The hands are constantly exposed to the sun, so it is advisable to use cream with sunscreen to avoid premature aging of the hands.
- A good protection idea for strong nails is to have them painted before doing housework. The enamel protects the nails from excess water and abrasive substances.
- Protect your hands with gloves. In winter, and especially in the coldest places, it is best to keep your hands covered with gloves, especially if you have dry skin.
- Wear face masks. They are ideal for extra nutrition. You can also apply cream at night and cover your hands with gloves.
Tips for foot care
Like the hands, our feet are essential in our day to day, and we must take care of them as they deserve.
- First of all, it is important to wear suitable footwear at any time of the year. A comfortable shoe will be the best for the health of our feet, although this is sometimes not at odds with aesthetics.
- The care of the feet should be accentuated in the summer season, since the heat and the type of footwear we wear (flip flops, sandals) make our feet much more exposed.
- You can have a pumice stone on hand every time you take a bath. In this way, you can apply it daily on the heels to eliminate hardness.
- Before sleeping it is advisable to put moisturizing cream on the feet and include it with massage; This is a good way to thank our feet for all the items.
- Regularly separate a peel to remove dead skin from the feet.
- Whenever you can, walk barefoot on the beach sand, in addition to being a natural exfoliant, it is very relaxing.
If you want to have soft feet, write down these tips:
- Relaxing bath. Nothing better for your feet than a little relaxation. You will be able to reduce the swelling of the feet and reactivate the circulation of the blood flow. Add a handful of coarse salt to the basin and let them sit there for 20 to 30 minutes.
- Massage your feet. First do it on the foot pad and slide until you reach the heel. Then focus on your fingers, and pull on them firmly but without roughness.
- Another option to massage the feet is to use a tennis ball or the like. Place it under the sole, and start rolling it all over the foot.
There are also very simple but effective exercises for foot pain:
- Stand on tiptoe over your toes, bringing your heels up. Repeat the exercise 10 times.
- Lying on the bed, raise your legs so they are stretched and pull your toes toward you, then down.
- Do a foot rotation, turning them both ways.
We can not forget a very common problem in the feet: fungi. To avoid them, you must dry your feet properly after washing them: remember to thoroughly dry the area between each toe, a place with a tendency to catch it. In the event that your feet sweat a lot, you can use talc to avoid creating fungus.
Remember that clean and protected hands and feet need more than a good manicure or pedicure.