How to Download YouTube Videos to Smartphones and PC
July 27, 2020
Youtube is an online video platform where users can create, upload, watch, share, like and comment videos. This platform was created in 2005 by a group of former PayPal employees. Through the last 15 years, this website has become the new television, with more than 6 billion hours of videos watched by users per day, this service is one of the most important and popular web pages on the Internet. However, this platform not only offers you several thousands of entertaining videos, YouTube is a place where you can do several different things, from having fun, doing research, learning DIY ideas or listening to music; to listening to a podcast, watching vlogs or even watching online events. With more than 100 hours of video uploaded to YouTube every minute, in this vast web site you can find almost whatever you want and also you can download Youtube videos.
What makes YouTube so special?
However, what makes this platform so special is that you find user-generated videos, instead of major TV networks and movie studios videos. On YouTube you will find innumerable genuine and creative videos made by people at their places. This website, definitely, has brought more than fun content to watch, but also a way, and not just one but, literally, several different ways to make money just by uploading and sharing content with your community.
Let�s say that you want to watch videos offline during a long journey. Downloading videos from YouTube is ideal for entertaining when you are in places where you have no access to internet.
It is also a nice option if you have a mobile data plan with limited data. You can download videos from any place with WiFi connection and watch them without wasting mobile data.
Also it�s a good option if you merely want to download music videos to your device.
In this article, we bring you a step by step guide to download videos from YouTube without violating any of its policies.
Without further ado, let’s get it started.
How to download YouTube videos to a Windows PC
- Download 4K Video Downloader: firstly, to download YouTube videos to your PC, you should start by downloading and installing 4K Video Downloader. This software is absolutely free and it allows you to download whole playlists.
- Copy and paste the video URL: secondly, click on the icon of your browser and open it, find the video that you want to download from YouTube and copy its url address from the bar, after that return to 4k Downloader and do click on the green button that says �Paste Link� at the top left.
- Choose the quality and format: this software allows you to download full YouTube videos or just rip the audio. Select if you want to download the whole video or just its audio. Then choose your preferred format using the menu on the right. We recommend you to download videos in MP4 format due to its good balance of quality and file size.
If you want to download videos to play them on your TV or PC, then we suggest picking the highest resolution. However, you should be aware that this will take longer and will take up more space.
- Download your video: once you click on the �Ok� button, your download will start. When the video has finished downloading, you can find it in the destination folder, or also you can find it by right-clicking it in 4k Downloader and selecting �Play�.
Download Youtube Videos to an Android smartphone
- Download and Install TubeMate: firstly, as Tube Mate downloader is not available on the Google Play Store, you�ll have to allow your Android device to download and run apps downloaded from other places. However, you must make sure that you only download apps from web sites you know are safe. Go to your device�s settings and tap on �Security�. Then, go to �Unknown Sources� and turn this setting on. Afterwards, go to the TubeMate web site and download the app.
- Choose a video to download: Once you have downloaded TubeMate, run the �.apk� archive and tap on �Install�, after this tap on �Open�. Once you have run the app, it will show you all the permissions the app needs to be run. If you agree with them, accept with all, and automatically, the app will launch.
- Download the video: choose the video you want to download and begin playing it, then tap the red �Download�. You will see a list of formats. Also, you will see video and audio formats and different quality and resolution formats for each. Remember that the higher the resolution the bigger the file, if you have a high-end device then download the highest quality version. But, if your device doesn�t have too much space free, then download the video in a lighter size.
- Once you have finished the previous, tap the red �Download� button. Then, your download will start, so you can keep using your phone normally. However, this app takes a lot of memory, so you�ll notice that your device will run out of battery faster.
Download YouTube videos to an iPhone device
The process of downloading YouTube videos on iPhone is a little different from any of the previous devices. It also depends on which Apple OS you are on. If you are using iOS on an iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch, then you�ll have to go on with the first method and if you are using OS X or Mac OS on a Mac you�ll need to go on with the second method.
On iOS you can also download an app called �Documents�, which is a file manager, but you can also use this versatile app to download YouTube videos too.