Capture the 30s video with the Nintendo Switch record button.
The controllers come with a built-in capture button. However, this button only allows you to screenshot the video, which is not ideal in any case. But also, it records the video for 30 seconds. If this time is enough to capture your game, do the following steps:
- Hold the controller in your hand.
- Press the capture button on the left side of the controller.
- Press and hold this capture button marked with the box.
- Wait until the capture completion message appears at the top of the screen.
- Your last 30 seconds of gameplay will be saved in the ‘Albums’. It will record the 30 seconds of gameplay just before you press the button, so you don’t have to worry about pressing it in advance. It’s a simple step and just allows you to post the video clips to social media or save them to your phone’s album. It also allows you to edit the video before posting it to social networks. You will be able to see the Nintendo Switch video capture in the albums.
Record all your gameplay with the game’s built-in function.
If you want to save some important gameplay from your game in your album, this is the second way. Some games have the option to save replays in the background, the full list includes:
- The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
- Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
- Splatoon 2
Let’s take Smach Bros. As an example, to make the save, follow the steps below:
- When you finish the game, the final score screen will be displayed.
- Click the ‘Y’ button and then click ‘Save’.
- The video will be saved in the replays where you can check it. Go to ‘Menu’ and then ‘Replays’, and the saved video will appear here (however, there is a limitation of such saved replays, which is that they will be deleted as soon as the game is updated, so be sure to save the game replays in your album). To convert replays to video, there is a simple option in the “Convert to video” menu. Go to the replay you want to save. Look in the bottom right corner and click on the “Convert to Video” option.
- Your game will be converted into a video. In the video section of the game menu, you will find all the videos you have saved. Now turn off your Switch and remove the SD card from your Switch. Connect the SD card to the PC, and it will appear in the folders shown below.
Trimming the video game on Nintendo Switch.
Nintendo Switch allows you to easily trim album videos and with the following steps you will be able to trim your videos:
- At the bottom right of the home interface, press ‘Album’ and then ‘All screenshots and videos.
- Find the game you want to edit, hit ‘Edit & Publish’ and then go to ‘Trim’.
- Slide the marker to choose the start point and end point of the video.
- When you are satisfied with the result, click ‘Save’ and the video will be saved as a new clip.