Lenovo announced the second-generation Lenovo ThinkPad X1, the first laptop with a foldable screen. It has the same name but is more advanced in all areas and features a screen that, without continuing to fold in half, increases in size to 16.3 inches.
Lenovo wants to make laptops more portable with the new Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Fold 2022, a tablet-like model that can be used to open to a 16.3-inch screen or fold down to a compact 12-inch display.
ThinkPad X1 Fold features.
- Display: Features a 16.3″ flexible OLED display, Pen stands 12″ folded.
- Processor: Intel Pro 12th gen (i5/i7) intel iris X GPU
- Memory: Up to 32GB LPDDR5 and up to 1TB PCIe Gen 4 SSD storage.
- Operating system: It has a Windows 11 Pro operating system, it will work well on this PC, which is based on an Intel Evo design and runs on Intel Core 12″ processors.
- Battery: 48 Who (64 Whr version) Fast Charge 65W
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi 6E, Bluetooth 5.2, 5G but it is optional, NanoSIM
- Others: Keyboard fingerprint reader, TPM 2.0 security chip.
- Price: it is quite possible that it can be found for 2,999 euros.
New Lenovo Foldable
Indeed, some laptops are not very portable. Yes, you can carry them from place to place, but they’re so big and heavy that it’s difficult. Lenovo is trying to change that with the Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Fold, by combining a tablet, cell phone, and laptop.
This second generation has a 22% larger screen and a 25% thinner body. Its thickness is 8.6 mm folded, and 17.4 mm unfolded, with a weight of 1.28 kg. The 2024 x 2560-pixel OLED display has grown to 16.3 inches, 12 inches when folded, using the bottom half of the screen as a keyboard.
If you want to use the full screen, you can use it open using the 16.3 inches of your device and attach the illuminated keyboard with a magnetic connector to complete its transformation from a small laptop to a large one. You can also use a laptop with a foldable screen if you wish over a real keyboard.
This flexible device shows us that this foldable screen is not only useful for mobile devices, allowing it to be used in different configurations such as vertical, horizontal, and folded screen, and with a keyboard with or without attachment. In addition, it is compatible with the Wacom electronic pen.
Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Fold with 12th generation Intel Pro processor (i5/i7) and Intel Iris X GPU with 32 GB of LPDDR5 RAM and 1 TB SSD version, with three Dolby Atmos speakers, four microphones, two Thunderbolt 4 connections and USB-C 3.2 Gen 1. port, as well as Wi-Fi 6E, Bluetooth 5.2 and 5G in some versions. It has a fingerprint scanner, and TPM 2.0 chip security, and runs Windows 11 in Home or Pro editions.