What is ‘Hunters’, the Amazon Prime Video series with Al Pacino
Among the most anticipated releases of the first months of this 2020 is Hunters, a new series of Amazon Prime Video that has Al Pacino as headliner, an actor who is in full campaign of the Oscar Awards with “The Irish”, which will be his return to the television series, 17 years after the HBO broadcast of the Angeles mini-series in America.
On February 21, the ten episodes of this conspiracy thriller set in the late 70s will be released on the platform, in which a group of Nazi hunters organize to avoid the Fourth Reich in the United States. As before its next premiere, we tell you in this article what is the premise of the series, its actors and who are behind this attractive project.
The premise of ‘Hunters’
Inspired by real events, the series follows “The Hunters”, a group of Nazi hunters living in the New York of 1977. This eclectic team has discovered that hundreds of senior Nazi positions are infiltrated into American society and conspire to create a Room Reich in the US, then undertake a bloody search to bring the Nazis to justice and thwart their genocidal plans.
Who are ‘The Hunters’
Al Pacino plays Meyer Offerman, the brain of the operation, who recruits Jonah Heidelbaum (Logan Lerman, “The Advantages of being a Outcast”) for The Hunters Group after his grandmother was murdered in mysterious circumstances. Motivated by the thirst for revenge, Heidelbaum will receive direct training from Offerman.
- Lonny Flash (Josh Radnor, “How I Met Your Mother”), described in the trailer as a costume master, is a movie star who secretly works for the organization.
- Sister Harriet (Kate Mulvany, “Lambs of God”) is also part of The Hunters, she is a spy.
- Saul Rubinek (“The Ballad of Buster Scruggs”) and Carol Kane (“Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt”) play a couple of Hasidic Jewish weapons experts.
- Joe Torrance (Louis Ozawa Changchien, “Kidding”) is a soldier of the organization.
- Roxy Jones (Tiffany Boone, “The Chi”) is the expert in locks and safes.
- Millie Malone (Jerrika Hinton, “Grey’s Anatomy”) is an FBI agent trying to convince Heidelbaum that violence is not the right way.
- Carol Hawthorne (Ebony Obsidian, “The Blues of Beale Street”) is Jonah’s neighbor and her romantic interest.
- Arthur “Bootyhole” McGuigan (Caleb Emery, “Good Girls”) is Jonah’s best friend.
- Biff Simpson (Dylan Baker, “The Americans”) is a politician who hides a dark secret: he is a Nazi.
- Lena Olin (Alias) is also a Nazi and Catherine Tate (“Doctor Who”) plays a nun whose membership we don’t know for now.
The team behind the scenes
David Weil is the creator and screenwriter of several episodes; this is his first series. Jordan Peele (“Let Me Out”, “We”) is one of the producers, and Alfonso Gomez-Rejón, nominated for two Emmy for American Horror Story, is the director of the first episode.
This promises to be an attractive series for Amazon Prime customers, especially for all the talented actors involved in the project.
‘The Hunters’ premieres on February 21 on Amazon Prime Video.