How to find available memory slots on Windows 11
July 12, 2022
On Windows 11, deciding the quantity of memory openings on the motherboard can prove to be useful assuming that you want to update the framework’s RAM (Random Access Memory) on your PC. For instance, it can assist with deciding if there are any additional openings to add more sticks or whether you want to get another unit with higher limit modules.
Despite the fact that it’s feasible to check the gadget documentation on the web or open the PC case, you can utilize various apparatuses, (for example, Task Manager, Command Prompt, or PowerShell) to really take a look at the spaces and decide if the motherboard still has some of them accessible.
In this aide, we will walk you through the moves toward affirm whether the framework has any suitable spaces to add more memory to the PC.
To decide if your PC or work station has accessible memory spaces, utilize these means:
- Open Start.
- Look for Task Manager and snap the top outcome to open the application.
- Click the Performance tab.
- Click on Memory.
- Affirm the quantity of memory openings accessible under the “Space utilized” data on the base right half of the page.
- When you complete the means, the Task Manager will affirm the all out number of spaces and which ones are being utilized.
- To check the quantity of memory openings and the ones that may not as yet be populated on Command Prompt, utilize these means:
- Open Start.
- Type the accompanying order to decide the spaces accessible in the motherboard and press Enter: wmic Memphysical get MaxCapacity,