How to password protect a PDF on Windows 11/10
July 11, 2022
This article clarifies how for secret phrase safeguard a PDF with a work area program for Windows, on the web, and on macOS.
Introduce a Program or Go Online
These four projects should be introduced on your PC before you can utilize them to secret phrase safeguard a PDF record. You could try and right now have one of them, in which case it’ll be fast and simple to open the program, load the PDF, and add a secret phrase.
Nonetheless, in the event that you’re searching for a lot quicker (yet free) method for causing the PDF to have a secret word, skirt down to the following segment underneath for a few free web-based administrations that can do precisely the same thing.
The projects as a whole and administrations referenced beneath turn out entirely great in renditions of Windows from XP up through Windows 10. While only one is inaccessible for macOS, don’t miss the segment at the actual lower part of this page for directions on scrambling a PDF on a Mac without downloading any of these instruments.
Secret phrase Protect a PDF With PDFMate PDF Converter
- One totally free program that could not just proselyte PDFs to different organizations at any point like EPUB, DOCX, HTML, and JPG yet in addition put a secret phrase on a PDF, is PDFMate PDF Converter. It deals with Windows as it were.
- You don’t need to switch the PDF over completely to one of those configurations since you can rather pick PDF as the commodity record organization and afterward change the security settings to empower a report open secret phrase.
- Pick Add PDF at the highest point of PDFMate PDF Converter.
- Whenever it’s stacked into the line, pick PDF from the lower part of the program, under the Output File Format: region.
- In the PDF tab, put a check close to Open Password, and afterward enter a secret phrase in the field to one side.
- You can alternatively pick Permission Password, as well, to set up a PDF proprietor secret phrase to limit altering, replicating, and printing from the PDF.
- Decide Ok to save the PDF security choices.
- Select Output Folder toward the lower part of the program and afterward pick where the secret phrase safeguarded PDF ought to be saved.
- The PDF can be saved to a similar area as the first or you can pick Custom to pick an alternate envelope.
- Utilize the enormous Convert button at the lower part of PDFMate PDF Converter to save the PDF with a secret phrase.
- Assuming you see a message about overhauling the program, simply leave that window. You can likewise shut down PDFMate PDF Converter once the Status segment close to the PDF section understands Success.
Secret word Protect a PDF Using Adobe Acrobat
- Adobe Acrobat can add a secret word to a PDF, as well. In the event that you don’t have it introduced or would prefer not to pay for it only for this, vibe allowed to get the free 7-day preliminary.
- Go to File > Open to find the PDF that ought to be secret word safeguarded with Adobe Acrobat; select Open to stack it. You can avoid this initial step in the event that the PDF is now open.