How to protect your privacy on your Mac?
November 27, 2022
How to protect your privacy on Mac?
You can use a firewall to protect your privacy by blocking unwanted network communication with your Mac. With the Firewall enabled, you can also use Hidden Mode, which prevents your Mac from being detected on the Internet. To configure and customize the firewall, using the Network settings, you must perform the following steps:
- Select the Apple menu.
- Then, select the System settings.
- Now click Network in the sidebar.
- Finally, select Firewall on the right, you will most likely have to scroll down.
Set a password for your account
Remember to request your password after your Mac sleeps and, of course, use a strong and long password. Note that disable automatic login was removed from macOS Sierra, in case you don’t know how to do it you should perform the following steps.
- System Preferences.
- Then, look for Security & Privacy.
- Select General.
Update your Mac Os
Install updates for macOS and its built-in applications using the Software Update option and before installing a new software version, you must back up your Mac.
- From the Apple menu in the corner of your screen: Then click General in the sidebar, then click Software Update on the right.
- You can also select System Settings. Then click Software Update.
- If Software Update finds a new software version, click the Update Now button to install it.
- Enter the administrator password when prompted. Your Mac may restart and display a progress bar or blank screen several times during installation. If the Software Update
- Finally, it should say that your Mac is up to date, which means that there are currently no newer software versions available for your Mac model. Software Update only displays updates and upgrades that are compatible with your Mac.
In case you do not find an update in macOS
If you do not see the Software Update Feature in System Settings or System Preferences, do the following:
- Use Search in the corner of the window to look for it.
- If your previous Mac does not include Software Update, open the App Store app, which is in the Applications folder. Then click the Updates from the App Store tab to check for updates. You can also search for a software version by name.
Incognito mode in Safari
Apple’s Safari browser is installed by default on macOS devices such as MacBooks and iMacs. There are several ways to open windows in incognito mode in Safari.
- Open your browser.
- Click File and select New Private Window.
- Private browsing mode is indicated by a darker address bar. If you have Safari in your Dock, you can also click on the icon to open a window directly in private browsing mode and see the context menu.
- When the browser is open, pressing the Shift+Command+N key combination opens a new private window.
If you prefer, you can configure your browser to open all new windows in incognito mode.
- To do this, click on Safari.
- Select Settings in the top bar and check if new sales are always private.
To disable incognito mode in Safari, close the window. If you have not set it to private when you open all windows, when you use the browser again, the browsing mode will be normal.