How to stop auto-download photos in WhatsApp groups
August 2, 2022
In the event that you are having a comparable question about the programmed saving of media records on WhatsApp, then, at that point, you have come to the ideal locations. This is an inquiry posed to by a companion of mine – yet a huge number of other WhatsApp clients likewise experience a comparative issue.
By and by, the default settings on WhatsApp naturally download the common media records on the gadget that occupies a ton of room. On the off chance that you need to clean up your telephone, you ought to figure out how to prevent WhatsApp from saving photographs on iPhone and Android. In this aide, I will clear similar twofold about WhatsApp media capacity in a bit by bit way.
Section 1: How to Stop WhatsApp From Saving Photos on iPhone
WhatsApp gives a shrewd and bother free answer for debilitate the auto-download include for photographs and recordings on iPhone. A ton of times, the programmed download include makes our Camera Roll jumbled and it even winds up consuming a ton of room on the gadget. Moreover, the saved WhatsApp photographs on your Camera Roll can consume a ton of room on your iCloud Photo Library too. To fix this and figure out how to prevent WhatsApp from saving photographs on iPhone naturally, follow these simple tasks:
Most importantly, simply open your iOS gadget and send off WhatsApp on it by tapping on the application’s symbol from its home.
From WhatsApp Settings, go to the “Information and Storage Usage” settings and under the “Media Auto-Download” include, switch off the choice for photographs, recordings, sounds, and reports.
In the event that you don’t need the downloaded photographs to show up in the Camera Roll, then go to WhatsApp Settings > Chats and handicap the “Save to Camera Roll” highlight.
That is all there is to it! Not simply photographs, you can likewise cripple the auto-download include for recordings, sounds, and archives too.
Section 2: How to Stop WhatsApp From Saving Photos on Android
The default choice for this is turned on and subsequently, it will continue to consume your gadget stockpiling or mess your telephone’s display.
- Right off the bat, go to the WhatsApp application on your Android and visit its settings by tapping on the three-dab (cheeseburger) symbol on the top.
- Presently, peruse to Settings > Data and Storage Usage to see as the “Media auto-download” area for various choices (like WiFi, Mobile Data, and Roaming).
- In the event that you wish to handicap the auto-download highlight for WiFi, tap on a similar choice and simply switch off the download highlight for photographs (or some other media document). Similarly, you can debilitate the auto-download choice for portable information and meandering too.
- WhatsApp additionally permits us to not show the downloaded photographs on the telephone’s primary Gallery.
- In the event that you don’t need the downloaded WhatsApp photographs to show up in your telephone’s Gallery, then, at that point, you can likewise go to its File System > Storage > WhatsApp > WhatsApp Images. Here, you can make another document, name it “.nomedia” and save it. Afterward, you can erase the record to make WhatsApp photographs show up on your telephone’s Gallery once more.