How to View your Watch History on TikTok
Did you know that viewing your watch history on Tiktok is possible? I bet you ran into pretty interesting videos sometimes, but, perhaps, you didn’t manage to catch the video creator’s username for whatever reason. And then, you just couldn’t find the video again because you didn’t have the means to do so. Let’s see what we can do about it.
Going back to what we said at the start of this conversation, a simple way of viewing your watch history on TikTok is downloading your data. When you download the TikTok content linked to your account, you’ll have a series of files that you can conveniently check whenever you want. That’s why, in this article, we’re going to find out how to download your TikTok data to see your watch history!
First step: request to download your data
The process of downloading your data on TikTok – which includes your watch history – takes a little bit of time, in fact, it is not immediate. First, you should request to download the data. And then, after a while, it will be available to download. So, we recommend that you don’t wait around and get the process going right away in case you need your video history as soon as possible.
Now, let’s get into the tutorial:
– go to the TikTok app on your device
– tap Me in the bottom right corner of the screen
– then tap the three menu dots at the upper right side
– now select Privacy
– go to Personalization and data
– here, tap Download your data at the bottom to get a copy of your Tiktok data
– now, you’ll find yourself in the Request data section. You can request to download data such as your:
— username, profile picture, bio, contact info
— video history, comment history, chat history, purchase history, like history, Favorites history
— privacy settings, notification settings, language settings
– select the file format you prefer, text or JSON file, and tap Request data
As written above, your request may take a few days to process, and once your file is ready, it will be available to download for up to 4 days.
Last step: download your data
Once the waiting period is over (it should last from 1 to 2 days), you can finally get your data, including your watch history. Follow the steps below:
– go to the Download your data section of your account once more
– now, in the Download data section you’ll be able to download your data
– tap Download
– then, you’ll be asked to log into your TikTok account
– select Verify and Download
– and now tap Download to download the Zip text file
– lastly, go to the Downloads app on your phone (or Files/File Manager app, where you’ll have to search for your downloads)
– open the Zip file, and you’ll be able to see all of the downloaded TikTok data pertaining to your account. Go to Activity
– tap the Video Browsing file
– this file contains the date, time and link of every TikTok video you watched. Finding your favorite videos will be much easier now!