Can you Download a TikTok Video on your Phone?
March 26, 2021
TikTok is most definitely an incredibly entertaining app, full of original, fun and creative content. If you don’t know what the platform is about, let’s put it like this: it’s a social networking service created for the purpose of sharing videos. TikTok is, therefore, a social media platform used to make a variety of short videos that have a duration from fifteen seconds to one minute. The genres you can make videos on are many – such as dance, comedy, and education – and this makes TikTok a genuinely enjoyable app for people of all ages. We already talked about the app in this article, so, if you’re interested in learning some tips about how to become a popular TikToker, we suggest clicking or tapping on the link!
But if you watch TikTok content on the daily, it’s very likely that you find many interesting videos that you, perhaps, would like to save for later. Or, maybe, you created a TikTok video yourself that you’d love to show to your friends, but since the video is on your TikTok account, you’re not sure about how to save it in your phone’s gallery.
That’s why, in this article, we will find out how to download a TikTok video on your phone. We’ll explain how it’s done on your Android and iOS device, so let’s get right into it!
Save a TikTok video on your mobile device
Before we start with the tutorial, it’s important to note that if you download another user’s video instead of your own, it’s not cool to use it without the original creator’s permission or to make money out of it. It would not only be morally wrong, but you could run into serious copyright issues. So, if you want to post it somewhere, make sure to credit the user and don’t profit off of the video.
Now, without further ado, let’s see how we can download TikTok videos on our device.
Note: the steps to save videos are the same for Android and iOS/iPadOS
Android and iOS/iPadOS
– first of all, open the TikTok app on your Android or iOS/iPadOS device
– now, you can search for the user that made the video you want to save by using the “Discover” feature at the bottom of the screen
– once you found the video, tap the “Share” arrow on the right
– then, you’ll have to choose the app on which you want to share the video, but since we want to download it, select “Save video”
– now the video will be saved on your phone or tablet!
What if the “Save video” button doesn’t appear?
If you can’t see the “Save video” feature, even though you enabled the option to download content in the Security settings, you might have to use a third-party app, like Video Downloader for TikTok. Once you downloaded the app, do the following:
– choose the TikTok video you want to save
– tap the “Share” feature on the right
– tap “Copy link” under “Share to”
– the video URL will be copied; open the Video Downloader for TikTok app, enter the URL and the video will be downloaded on your device in a matter of seconds!