How to Burn a Slideshow to DVD
March 31, 2023
Making photo slideshows is a lot of fun. Usually, slideshows are used to display precious family photos during family gatherings or professional presentations with graphics and illustrations at work. Want to transfer your slideshow onto a DVD or a Blu-ray disc for a better watching experience? In this article, we are going to explain how to put a slideshow on a DVD in 3 different programs: Windows Movie Maker, SmartSHOW 3D, and Filmora.
Method 1: Using Windows Movie Maker
The first way that comes to mind about how to burn a slideshow to a DVD is to use the free Windows Movie Maker. This application comes pre-installed on earlier versions of Windows. In Windows 10 and higher, you can use its counterpart – Video Editor, which is built into Microsoft Photos. Both versions have a fairly simple interface, that’s why you don’t need any guides to navigate around. You’re able to add pictures and videos, overlay text, record voiceovers, or upload your soundtracks. Here’s how to add a slideshow to a DVD:
- Create a New Video Project to combine your photos and videos into a slideshow.
- Once you are satisfied with the results, click Save Movie or Finish Video (depending on the version). Export your slideshow into a desired folder on your PC.
- Open the folder. Right-click on the file, select the Send To option, and pick your blank DVD. You’re done!
Method 2: Using SmartSHOW 3D
Another way to create a DVD slideshow is to use SmartSHOW 3D. This software is easy to handle. Plus, if you are not sure how to do something, there are lots of tutorials to guide you through the process. SmartSHOW 3D comes with 700+ design templates and a Slideshow Wizard for quick slideshow creation. Complement your creation with stunning transitions and 3D animations. Take your slideshow to the next level with 200+ built-in music tracks or voice comments recorded right in the app. Here’s how to save slideshows on DVD:
- Make your slideshow from scratch or with the help of Slideshow Wizard.
- Once you are done, click on the Create Video button and choose DVD.
- Select the video type according to the country you’re in and the video quality.
- Click the Burn to DVD button. You’ve made it!
Method 3: Using Filmora
The final way we’re going to share with you is to use the Filmora program to make a DVD slideshow. This video editor has a user-friendly workflow and quick guides on how to use the software. It has a rich set of features letting you enhance your footage, insert effects and animations, add text and voice-over narration. Here’s how to convert a slideshow to DVD:
- Create New Project and build a slideshow with your footage.
- When you are happy with the outcome, click the Export button in the toolbar.
- Go to the DVD tab and adjust the output settings.
- Check the Burn to DVD box and hit Export. Done!
Now you know how to make a DVD slideshow with 3 different programs. To find out more about each of the methods as well as the other programs, click on the link ahead. So, in case you need to burn your slideshow video to a DVD, these methods will help you do it in a few clicks. Just give any program a try and see for yourself!