How to lock specific excel cells to protect them
February 16, 2022
Locking cells, segments, and lines in dominant give you the opportunity to safeguard your information. Subsequent to safeguarding a worksheet, as a matter of course, every single cell is locked. It implies that they can not be altered. Yet, safeguarding various cells gives you the opportunity to deal with the unprotected cells. This article gives you the various methods of how to secure cells in Excel. We will likewise see different strategies for locking and opening segments and columns in Excel.
Step by step instructions to secure specific cells Excel
- To start with, we should choose the cells we need to lock.
- Subsequent to choosing the cells, press the right-click button of the mouse.
- Push on the Format cells choice.
- After the Format cells window opens, push on the Protection choice, and snap on the Locked choice.
- Subsequent to tapping on the Review choice on top, click on the Protect Sheet choice.
- A Protect Sheet window will come up. Tick on Select locked Cells and Select opened cells.
- Select the secret phrase on Password to unprotect the sheet. Another exchange box of Confirm
- Password will come up. Return the secret key. Here the secret key we chose was 1234.
- After this at whatever point you need to alter the ideal cells of the dominant, you will see an admonition box showing that you can not alter the cells as it is safeguarded.
- For locking lines and segments simply move the mouse courser to the line heading or section heading. For sections a descending bolt and for the line, a rightward bolt will come up. By clicking them on we can choose the whole line or section. The rest system is equivalent to previously.
Step by step instructions to open cells in dominate
Opening the cells in dominate is a lot more straightforward. Simply click on the Review choice on top, click on the Unprotect Sheet. Enter the secret key that you gave while safeguarding the cells. Opening the lines and segments of dominate adheres to a similar guideline.
Note that Password safeguards your sheet successfully. To give any secret word while safeguarding a sheet it’s totally your decision.
Locking cells with Excel VBA
There is one more approach to safeguarding cells, lines, and segments of dominant utilizing the VBA code. It’s a long cycle however it’s simple. The system is given underneath.
- Select every one of the cells in dominate.
- On the Home tab under the Cells, segment click on the Format choice and afterwards select arrangement cells
- An exchange box of Format Cells will come up. On the Protection, choice unselect the Locked
Down beneath the dominate document where the name of your record is composed, click on the right button of your mouse and select the View Code.
- Another exchange box of Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications will come up. In the white sheet related to the discourse box, record the beneath code.
- In the code, we select the scope of information from C7 to E11 and set the secret key 1234.
- After this, Under the Debug choice, you will track down a Run Sub/UserForm (F5). Click on it.
- Your Excel worksheet will come up alongside a secret key window. Enter the secret word you composed on the VBA code.
- After this at whatever point you need to alter the ideal cells of the dominant, you will see an admonition box demonstrating that you can’t alter the cells as it is secured.