How to Uninstall Valorant – The Ultimate Guide
November 1, 2023
In the world of gaming, sometimes you find yourself needing a break from your favorite titles. If you’re a VALORANT player, you might have tried to uninstall the game, only to discover that it’s not as straightforward as you’d hoped. Fear not, we’re here to guide you through the process of uninstalling VALORANT and its accompanying anti-cheat software, Vanguard, in a few easy steps.
Uninstalling VALORANT: A Step-by-Step Guide
Parting Ways with VALORANT
First things first, let’s clear the air about uninstalling VALORANT through the Riot Client. It’s not as simple as you might think. And if you attempt to uninstall it via your Windows programs list, you’re likely to encounter a frustrating error message. But don’t worry, we’ve got your back.
How to Uninstall VALORANT on Windows
Step 1: Disabling Vanguard
Before you can bid farewell to VALORANT, you need to disable its anti-cheat software, Vanguard. Here’s how you can do it:
- Locate the Vanguard icon in your system tray, which is typically located in the bottom right-hand corner of your desktop.
- Right-click on the red Vanguard icon, and a menu will appear. Select “Exit.”
- A prompt will ask if you want to “turn off” Vanguard. Click “Yes.”
Step 2: Uninstalling Vanguard and VALORANT
Now that Vanguard is out of the picture, you can proceed to uninstall both Vanguard and VALORANT using these steps:
- Press the Windows Key on your keyboard or click on the Windows icon in your taskbar to open the Windows menu.
- In the search bar, type “Add or remove programs” and hit “Enter.”
- Scroll down the list of installed programs until you find “Riot Vanguard.“
- Right-click on “Riot Vanguard” and select “Uninstall.” Follow the uninstallation process.
- After successfully removing Vanguard, proceed to uninstall VALORANT in the same way. Find “VALORANT” in the list, right-click, and complete the uninstallation process.
Congratulations! VALORANT is now uninstalled from your system. If you’re ready to part ways with Riot Games entirely, you can uninstall the Riot client as well.
In the fast-paced world of gaming, taking a break from your favorite titles, such as VALORANT, is essential for maintaining a healthy gaming experience. While uninstalling VALORANT and its associated Vanguard anti-cheat software might not be as straightforward as one would hope, our step-by-step guide has simplified the process.
By disabling Vanguard and following the uninstallation steps, you can easily bid adieu to VALORANT. And should the itch to return ever strike, the reinstallation is just as manageable. So, whether you’re temporarily stepping away or moving on, with this guide, you have the control to do so seamlessly.