Change your Spotify Username: Ultimate Guide
January 20, 2023
Spotify is the second-most popular audio streaming app worldwide after Apple Music and until now, it has over 345 million monthly users, including 150 million paid subscribers, each with a different username.
And although the app automatically generates a specific combination of letters and numbers for each user that can be modified later, changing usernames in Spotify is not an easy task because there are two types of identifications, namely your ‘Username’ and ‘Display name.’
A permanent username identifies you on Spotify and lets you log into your account. In contrast, the display name is the one that shows on your profile, app and playlists when other people view your profile. It acts as a replacement for the username on your public profile. You cannot use your display name to log in to Spotify, but you can change it easily and we’re going to tell you a couple of ways you can do so.
Method 1: Connect Spotify with Facebook
When you log in to Spotify from your Facebook account, your Facebook name replaces your current username. So you can connect an existing Spotify account with a Facebook account or directly sign up on Spotify using Facebook. Here are the different method you can use:
- First, open the Spotify app, go to the top right corner and click on the drop-down arrow next to your profile picture and name.
- Now, select settings from the drop-down menu
- After that, select settings from the drop-down menu
- Then, enter your login details and click on ‘Log In’.
- After logging in, your username will change to your Facebook name.
On Mobile (Android and iOS)
- To begin with, open the Spotify app on your mobile device and click on the “Home” icon.
- After that, go to the top right corner and click on the settings icon.
- Next, inside the Social tab, click on ‘Connect to Facebook
- Now, enter your login details and click on ‘Log in’.
- Finally, after logging in, your username will change to your Facebook name.
Signing up with Facebook (1st Time)
- First of all, go to Spotify’s website and click on ‘Sign up.’ A signup page will open with a button labeled ‘Sign up with Facebook’ on top.
- Then, click on the ‘Sign up with Facebook’ button.
- Next, enter the credentials for your Facebook account and log in.
- Now, a new account will be created that matches your Facebook name.
Method 2: Change your Display Name
The display name is what other people see when they visit your profile or playlists. Unlike the username, it is easy to change.
- To start with, open the Spotify app on your desktop. At the top right corner, click on the drop-down arrow beside your profile picture and name.
- From here, select “Profile.”
- After this, your profile page is displayed, where your display name is written in bold at the top. Click on this display name to change it.
- At the end, enter the desired name and click on the ‘Save’ button to make the changes.
On Mobile (Android and iOS)
- To begin with, open the Spotify app on your mobile and click on the ‘Home’ icon.
- Subsequently, go to the top right corner and click on the settings icon.
- In settings, click on the ‘View profile’ button, which is right below your profile picture and your display name.
- Then, click on the ‘Edit Profile’ button. On the next screen, you will see the option to change your profile picture and display name.
- Now, click on the display name to change it.
- Lastly, enter a new display name and click on the ‘Save’ button at the top right corner to finalize the changes.