How to buy on Amazon without a credit card
If you do not have a credit card or you are one of the people who prefer not to use their cards on the Internet, you can still buy on Amazon. In this article we will be describing the different alternatives that you can select, to make purchases on Amazon without using a credit card.
One of the sites with the highest volume of purchases, transactions and that moves the most on the Internet is Amazon. Amazon is a department store that has several items that you might want to buy. They can be electronic items, books, movies, household items, among many other products that may interest you.
Register or login to Amazon
Sign up or create a new Amazon account. You can register or create a new account at the top of the website’s home page. Just follow the questions when you’re signing up for a new account. Or just put your email and password, which you added the first time you visited Amazon.
Find what you want to buy. You can see different categories. If you know what you want to buy, you can search for it through the search bar on the website.
Add the item to your shopping cart. Then click on the “Proceed to Checkout” button on the right side of the page.
Please verify your shipping address. They will ask you to confirm it or create a new account.
Decide on your shipping details. You will have to choose between standard, two-day or one-day shipping.
Choose a payment option. This is the step where you can decide the type of payment you want to make without using a credit card.
Payment methods on Amazon without a credit card
- Use a debit card. If you feel safe using an online card, but don’t have a credit card, a debit card with the Visa or Mastercard logo works the same way. The first option on the payment screen is “Pay with New Card”. Select the debit card you have: Visa or Mastercard. At this point, you must enter the number, the name that appears on the card and the expiration date in the corresponding boxes. Click to continue.
- Make your purchase with a money order, check, or cashier’s check. Click on the “Check or Money Order” option. Then click the continue button. You can finish your order and order it. Then you will receive an address where you must send the payment. Before Amazon sends you the order, you must send your payment. You will have 30 days to complete it before it is canceled.
- Use “Bill Me Later” (bill me later). This is a way to buy items online without having to pay anything upfront. Amazon and other Internet retailers use this method if you don’t have the money or don’t like to use your credit card online. The only downside is that you need to have good credit. Click on the mentioned option. Another screen will appear. Enter the required information. This includes a billing address, the last four digits of your social security number, and your date of birth. Accept the terms and conditions, and in a few seconds you will know if you are approved to use this option.
- Pay with your bank account. If you feel more comfortable using your bank account to buy your items, Amazon offers you this solution. Click on the “Pay with Checking Account” option. You will need to enter the branch and bank code, the account number, in whose name the account is and the driver’s licenses or state identification card. For security reasons, you must re-enter the account number. Click to continue.
- Ask a friend to buy you an Amazon gift card for you or to use their credit card to make the purchase. You can purchase the gift card directly from the Amazon home page. The option is located near the bottom. You can receive your gift card by email, in print or by mail. Once you receive your gift card, enter the code in the option that appears at the bottom of the payment selection. Then click to continue.
Thanks to these payment options offered by Amazon, you do not require a credit card to purchase the items you want. Use the one that best suits your possibilities, and enjoy your online purchases.