How to Install Google Play Store on your Amazon Fire Tablet
Want to enjoy Google Play Store’s services and products on your Amazon Fire tablet? Here’s a guide on how you can download and use the app no problem!
Purchasing an Amazon Fire tablet is a valid option if you don’t wish to spend too much money on a tablet, since the Fire line offers pretty affordable products. But you might be disappointed in finding out that Fire devices don’t have any access to Google Play Store; in fact, you can only use the alternative Amazon Appstore, which is pre-installed on Fire devices.
There is, though, a way of enabling and installing the Play Store app on Fire tablets, so that it can be used on these devices with no worries. The only drawback is that this method only works with Fire tablets released from 2014, so, pertaining to the fourth generation.
Installing Google Play Store on Fire tablet in a few easy steps
- For starters, you’ll need to go to Settings on your Fire tablet
- tap Security & Privacy
- under Advanced, enable “Apps from Unknown Sources”
- now, go back to the Settings panel and tap “Device Options”
- scroll down to “Device Model”: keep this info in mind for the next steps
Download APK files
Before installing Google Play Store, you’ll need to download four APK files on the device. APK is a package file format used by Android and other Android-based operating systems for distribution and installation of mobile apps. Open the Silk browser on your Fire tablet and go to the links below according to your tablet’s model, then download each APK file by clicking on the “DOWNLOAD APK” button.
Google Account Manager APK
- Fire HD 10 (9th Gen), Fire 7 (9th Gen), Fire HD 8 (8th, 10th Gen): Google Account Manager v7.1.2
- Fire HD 10 (7th Gen and older), Fire HD 8 (7th Gen and older), Fire 7 (7th Gen and older), Fire HD 6, Fire HDX 8.9: Google Account Manager v5.1
Google Services Framework APK
- Fire HD 10 (9th Gen), Fire HD 8 (10th Gen): Google Services Framework v9-4832352
- Fire 7 (9th Gen) on Fire OS 7, Fire HD 8 (8th Gen) on Fire OS 7: Google Services Framework v9-4832352
- Fire 7 (9th Gen) on Fire OS 6, Fire HD 8 (8th Gen) on Fire OS 6: Google Services Framework v7.1.2
- Fire HD 10 (7th Gen and older), Fire HD 8 (7th Gen and older), Fire 7 (7th Gen and older), Fire HD 6, Fire HDX 8.9: Google Services Framework v5.1
Google Play Services APK
- Fire HD 10 (9th Gen, 2019), Fire HD 8 (10th Gen): Google Play Services (64-bit ARM, nodpi, Android 9.0+)
- Fire 7 (9th Gen, 2019): Google Play Services (32-bit ARM, nodpi, Android 6.0+)
- Fire HD 8 (8th Gen, 2018): Google Play Services (64-bit ARM, nodpi, Android 6.0+)
- Fire HD 10 (7th Gen and older), Fire HD 8 (7th Gen and older), Fire 7 (7th Gen and older), Fire HD 6, Fire HDX 8.9: Google Play Services (32-bit ARM, nodpi, Android 5.0+)
Google Play Store
- For all models: Google Play Store (universal, nodpi)
Install APK files
Now that you downloaded all APK files, go to Docs (or Files) on your tablet and search for the files in the “Downloads” section (“Local Storage”).
Tap on each file to install it on your Fire device, after which restart the tablet to avoid any malfunction. Next time you’ll go to your tablet’s home screen, the Google Play Store app will be there and ready to use!
Keep reading if you're having problems with getting your Google Account back, because we'll try to find the best solution for you! We already talked about the many ways in which Google keeps your account safe in this article. By…
YouTube is an incredible source of entertainment in the form of videos. The video streaming platform amasses a staggering 2 billion users each month, with 500 hours of content uploaded every minute worldwide. Since you clicked on this article, you…
If you just purchased a Google Pixel phone, you might not know that you can capture screenshots and record what you do on your screen in a couple of extremely easy steps. Keep reading to find out how it's done!…
If you own a computer that has Windows 10 as its operating system, you probably noticed the presence of Microsoft Edge on the device. What if you wanted to uninstall it, though? Is it possible? Let's find out. Launched in…
You probably already know that WhatsApp has been the most popular instant messaging app around for about 10 years. We can see why that is: WhatsApp is intuitive, very easy to use and efficient. Plus, it is available on pretty…
Did you know that Google Maps allows you to share your real-time location? Maps is full of useful little tools - as seen here and here - that make your outside ventures easier, and this feature in particular is great…