How To Play Resident Evil 7 Biohazard In VR?
November 16, 2022
Resident Evil 7 Biohazard is one of the best action-horror games of the moment and even has a VR mode that gives you maximum immersion. However, the official VR mode is only available in the PS4 version of the game, which can only be played with PSVR. Fortunately, a free mod allows you to play Resident Evil 7 in VR on PC.
This was created by Praydog. It is known as REFramework and can convert all games created in the RE Engine to work with PC VR. Moreover, it works on games like Devil May Cry 5, Monster Hunter Rise, and all modern Resident Evil games.
In fact, this mod makes playing Resident Evil 7 VR even better by adding motion controls to the game. This feature can also be added to Resident Evil Village, which can also be played with PC VR. However, a few things are needed to make this VR mod work.
Things needed for Resident Evil 7 Biohazard in VR
- Medium-spec gaming PC
- VR headset
- USB-C cable
- Resident Evil 7 on PC
- Controller (recommended)
- VR motion controllers (optional)
Using the mod can be difficult, so follow these steps to install the mod to play Resident Evil 7 in VR.
Installing Resident Evil 7 Biohazard VR Mod
- First of all, download the Resident Evil Village VR mod (RE7.zip) from its GitHub Page.
- Then, open your Steam library and right-click on Resident Evil 7 Biohazard.
- Now, select Properties > General and disable the Steam VR theater and Steam Overlay.
- After that, go to Properties > Local Files > Browse to open the game installation folder.
- Next, extract the REZ.zip file into the installation folder of the game.
- Subsequently, connect your PC to a VR headset and launch the game.
- Resident Evil Village should now run in VR mode, thanks to Praydog’s VR mod.
How to use Oculus touch controllers in Resident Evil 7 VR?
Praydog’s REFramework mod works with the latest Resident Evil games and allows users to play Resident Evil 7 VR with Oculus Touch controllers on a PC. Note that this is a massive update to the PS4 version of the game, which can only be controlled via the DualShock controller, so simply follow the instructions below to install the mod for RE7 VR.
With Fluffy Manager
- To begin with, install the latest version of Fluffy Manager 5000 from fluffyquack.com.
- Next, Download the Oculus Touch Button Prompts for RE7 VR file.
- Then, launch Fluffy Manager and drag and drop the .rar file into the application.
- Now, refresh the mod list and tick this mod to enable it.
- Lastly, launch RE7 in VR from Steam.
Without Fluffy Manager (Standalone version)
- Start by downloading the Oculus Touch Button Prompts for RE7 VR (Standalone PAK file) from Optional Files.
- After that, extract the .pak file from the RAR and rename it to re_chunk_000.pak.patch_009.pak.
Note: If you are using my other RE7 mods, you may need to rename the file to re_chunk_000.pak.patch_010.pak or re_chunk_000.pak.patch_012.pak. The last digits must be sequential with previously installed custom PAK files.
- Then, move the .pak file to your RE7 game folder.
- To finish, launch RE7 in VR from Steam.
Finally, we should mention that this mod will also work with the latest version of Ray Tracing and that, in addition, users can further calibrate the game settings by pointing the right controller to the palm of their left hand, where a menu will appear.