How to Write a Nice Christmas Card to your Teacher
Teachers are an incredibly important part of any child’s life. From a very young age, we spend a good portion of our day at school to learn from teachers, and that’s why we can consider them as the people who contribute the most, along with parents, in shaping our character.
A teacher has the responsibility to make a child know what is right and what is wrong. A teacher should be a mentor that kindly takes your hand and sets you on the right path and prepares you for adulthood, and in the meantime makes you realize something about yourself, about what you love, about what your true purpose in life is.
As an adult, a teacher can give you important lessons about life that you will remember forever. It’s the person who should set an example for his\her students, who should listen to what they have to say and stimulate their interest in the subject that is being taught.
Unfortunately, teachers always get a bad reputation. That’s because people don’t realize that being a teacher is almost as challenging as being a parent, therefore, failure on their part is bound to happen pretty often. Teachers struggle to gain their students’ respect because in many cases they don’t truly care about the subject they’re teaching, or about leaving a lasting impact on their students. Children, be it consciously or unconsciously, pick up on that and respond by misbehaving.
Not all cultured, educated and knowledgeable people are fit to also teach their craft to children, or to people in general. But a person who is naturally suitable for the job can do wonders for one’s existence.
It’s a once in a lifetime event to find that special teacher that is able to create a beautiful bond with his\her students, a teacher that will be forever held dear to a young one’s heart even if months, years or decades have passed without seeing them.
Writing a Christmas card to your favorite teacher
If your teacher is a person that left a mark on you and you deem significant to your life and your development, you’ll surely want to thank them for the positive influence they had on you by writing a Christmas card to them.
A Christmas card contains a short, sweet message that is directed to whoever you want. Christmas cards are a fun, nice way of wishing someone a Merry Christmas, they’re a pleasant surprise that will always make the receiver happy, no matter how cheesy the messages might get.
The message has to be heartfelt and sincere. You could start by expressing your gratitude to the teacher, since they’re the person who inspired and motivated you greatly to pursue your passion for something. Or maybe say that you really appreciate the hard work they put in every week to make you and your peers better people. Also, you could mention the teacher’s qualities – kindness, humor, passion for their job, etc. Then, wish your teacher a Merry Christmas and hope that they have a wonderful, peaceful and happy holiday, surrounded by their loved ones.
Here are some suggestions about what you could write on a Christmas card:
1) “My full respect and admiration go to a truly wonderful person like you. I will forever be proud to be your student. Wishing you a Merry Christmas and a happy, carefree holiday!”
2) “Dear teacher, I hope that you’ll be surrounded by the love, happiness, and prosperity you deserve as you celebrate this Christmastide. I pray you and your family have a delightful and memorable holiday!”
3) “Dear teacher, you inspire, care for, and support me and many other people every day. Thank you for giving it your all and for changing our lives for the best. May your Christmas be as much of a blessing to you as you are to us!”
4) “Thank you so much, dear teacher, for making class such an amazing, lovely and fun-filled place to be. I truly look forward to listen to your teachings every day. I’ll always appreciate you for all your invaluable support. Merry Christmas!”
How to Create a Desktop Shortcut to a Website with Chrome
Want to find out how you can save some time whenever you want to visit your favorite websites? If you do, keep reading, because in this article we’re going to show you a very simple and quick hack that will allow to do just that!
The method we’ll be talking about consists in creating a desktop shortcut to a website. This shortcut will function as an app in Chrome, therefore will appear on your desktop as a regular application that uses the logo and the name of the website (although you can change the shortcut’s name at the moment of its creation).
Having a shortcut to a website ready to use on the computer desktop won’t seem like a necessity to most people, but, if you have a weak Internet connection, having to go through all of the steps necessary to access a site can become frustrating, since the process will be very slow. Instead of opening Chrome, entering the website’s name, waiting for the search results to appear and clicking on the one you’re interested in, you’ll be able to access your favorite website immediately with a shortcut. But desktop shortcuts can be beneficial to anyone, since they’ll help you greatly if you’re in a hurry and need to go to a website in as little time as possible.
Add a desktop shortcut to a website in a few easy steps
With that being said, let’s get to the interesting part of the article: let’s find out how to create a desktop shortcut to a website with Chrome!
Note: the shortcut feature works on Windows, Mac and Linux.
What to do beforehand
Before we start, make sure that:
– you’re using the Google Chrome web browser
– you’re signed in to your Google account (the shortcut feature might not work if you’re not)
Follow the steps below to create a shortcut:
– first and foremost, open the Google Chrome app
– search for the website you want to add a shortcut to
– now, click on the menu icon in the right upper corner of the screen (the three dots)
– then select More tools > Create shortcut…
– you’ll be prompted to enter a name for the shortcut, but you can also leave the default name
– if you check the “Open as window” option, the app will open its own individual window
– click Create
– close the Chrome window, and you should be able to see the shortcut/app on your desktop!