Installing MIUI 14 on Xiaomi, Redmi & POCO devices
February 1, 2023
A couple days ago, Xiaomi finally released its MIUI 14 based Android 13. However, the company has said this update will be only available in China, leaving its global release scheduled for early 2023. That’s why many users would have to wait until next year for the new operating system update.
Nonetheless, there’s a way to install the latest update on your Xiaomi, Redmi, and POCO devices and today, we’re going to explain to you how. Let’s take a look and don’t forget to take notes if necessary.
How to install MIUI 14?
- To begin with, you’ll need to have TWRP or OrangeFox custom recovery available on your device so that you can download the beta update suitable for your smartphone model from MIUI downloader.
- After that, you have to shut down your smartphone and enter recovery mode by holding the volume up and power key together.
- Then, if you´re switching ROMs, you need to format your device and once the recovery mode opens, remember to select Wipe > Advanced Wipe.
- Now, in the menu that opens, enable the Dalvik/ART cache and Data options. Then Swipe at the bottom of the screen for a wipe.
- Subsequently, go back to the main menu and tap Install. Thus, find and select the MIUI 14 gile you downloaded and select the Swipe to confirm the Flash option.
- After installing the ROM, select the Wipe Dalvik option. Go back to the main menu and select Advanced > Use Magisk to patch Boot.
- Finally, select the Reboot System option and enjoy MIUI 14 on your Xiaomi, Redmi, and POCO device. But first, don’t forget to check out if your device is compatible with this step-by-step guide.
Devices that can install Beta
The only catch here is that, for now, the update can only be applied to a rooted device. Fortunately, the update is rolling out to a few Xiaomi, Redmi, and POCO devices. Currently, more than 30 devices can install the beta version of MIUI 14: some of which have been listed below.
Xiaomi Devices With MIUI 14 Beta
- Xiaomi MIX 4
- Xiaomi MIX Fold 1 and 2
- Xiaomi 13 (including its Pro version)
- Xiaomi 12S (including its Pro and Ultra versions)
- Xiaomi 12 (including its Pro, 12T Pro and X versions)
- Xiaomi 11i / Hypercharge
- Mi 11 (including its Pro, Ultra, Lite 5G, X and 11i versions)
- Xiaomi Civi (including its 1S and Civi 2 versions)
- Mi 10S
- Xiaomi Pad 5 Pro 12.4
- Mi Pad 5 (including its Pro and Pro 5G versions)
Redmi Devices With MIUI 14 Beta
- Redmi K50 / Pro
- Redmi K50 Ultra
- Redmi K40S /
- Redmi K40 Pro / Pro+
- Redmi K40
- Redmi K40 Gaming
- Redmi Note 12 Pro / Pro+ / Discovery Edition
- Redmi Note 12
- Redmi Note 11T Pro / Pro+
- Redmi K50i
- Redmi Note 11 Pro / Pro+
- Redmi Note 10 Pro 5G
- POCO F4
- POCO F3
- POCO F3 GT
- POCO X4 GT
- POCO X3 GT
What does MIUI 14 include?
The most recent new features of MIUI 14 are strongly focused on improving the overall performance of the device with less external changes to the design and more internal changes. Therefore, what Xiaomi brings to its users is a better optimization of the customization layer.
Moreover, according to several reports, the Asian manufacturer has assured that this operating system will be 50% faster than its predecessor, MIUI 13. Although, the users always have the last word, so, by the moment, we will have to wait for their thoughts about it.