How to set up Android Auto in the car
Many have been the penalties that have been applied to drivers for carrying their mobile equipment in their hands while driving and rightly so. Unfortunately, no more than trying new fines, people keep using their phones when driving.
Large tech companies looked for a way to alleviate this situation with drivers, at least trying to get phone equipment out of their hands while driving and giving them a better choice.
It is when the tech giant Google launches Android Auto, which is an application that adapts to the driving of your vehicle through an interface that is displayed on the touch screens of the car. In some modern vehicles it already comes pre-installed, or you can simply download it to your smartphones with Android operating system.
The advantages that this application brings in vehicles, is that it allows them to show basic but essential elements while driving. Such as phone calls, which can be answered on speaker, music playback or navigation, maps for road guide, text messages. One of the most interesting things is that its design facilitates its use so that they do not lose concentration when driving.
What it takes to use Android Auto
The first thing is to have a device with Android operating system and that the cart is compatible with the application, at least, the operating system version of the phone must have Android 5.0 or higher, an active data plan that allows you to connect the internet connection and a USB cable to connect your smartphone with your car equipment.
Below we will show you how to set up Android Auto and you can take advantage of its goodness.
How to set up Android Auto
- The first thing to verify is that your smartphone meets the minimum requirements and that it has a data plan.
- Verify that your vehicle is compatible with the app and that it allows the setup service. In these times, a lot of vehicles come with this software installed on your center console.
- You must turn on your vehicle before connecting your phone for the first time.
- Between the ends of the car and your phone, you need to connect a USB cable to allow setup.
- If you don’t have the app installed on your phone, you may be prompted to install it or you may need to update the app. You can get it in the App Store for Android Play Store, new versions of Android already have this app pre-installed within their suite.
- When the installation begins, you will be guided step by step on the screen, as will be the configuration, when finished, Bluetooth will be activated automatically when you detect the connection via the USB cable.
- Once the installation is complete, on the car screen, you will see the Android Auto icon, press it and follow the prompts for its first use.
- You can use this tool wirelessly if your computer allows it. You only have to have your phone connected to the charger so that the battery does not running out, while it is being used. Let us remember that the connections through bluetooth consume a lot of energy.
- Please note that this service is not available in all countries of the world, you should check if yours is within those that if they can.
- You should be aware of the quality of the USB cable, not all are compatible, they may present problems with the connection, it is recommended, cables of a high quality.
- To improve your driving experience, organize your apps by the ones most used by you, so that you have a shortcut on the screen and it is only those that are shown.