What you Need to Know when Signing up as a TikTok Ads Manager
January 15, 2021
TikTok is a short-form, video-sharing app that allows users to create and share 15-second videos on any topic possible developed by Chinese company ByteDance and launched in 2016. Plus, it’s one of the most influential, trendy and popular apps of the last two years.
Initially regarded as a clone of the now defunct Musical.ly, TikTok app is based on the same short-form video concept but is much broader in scope and, unlike Musical.ly, it does not only focus on lip syncing to music.
The TikTok app offers users a wide selection of sounds and song snippets, along with the option to add special effects and filters. There’s also an option to directly add videos created on your phone and a reaction feature, which allows users to record their reactions to videos and share them. TikTok has also added a digital well-being feature that alerts users when they spend over two hours on the app.
The app is now promoted as a video-sharing social network. TikTok users can create a variety of videos ranging from challenges, dance videos, magic tricks, and funny videos.
TikTok’s surge to popularity
Since its launch, the TikTok app’s popularity – especially among teenagers – has been growing at a staggering rate. In October 2018, it was the most-downloaded photo and video app in the Apple store, globally. The app reportedly has amassed over 500 million monthly active users to this year, the US being the most popular country, where it has been downloaded over 80 million times.
Judging by the numbers TikTok accumulates every month, many companies are seeing the opportunity of putting themselves out on the app: the prospect of gaining great visibility with TikTok is mouth-watering to say the least.
So, if you’re a business owner, consider creating a TikTok Ads Manager account.
What is a TikTok Ads Manager account?
1) Create a login
2) Create an account
- Country/Region: enter the country your business is located
- Time Zone: select the time zone where your business is located
- Business Name: enter your “Business Name” the same as, or closely related to, your company’s legal name. If the “Business Name” of your account does not match the actual name of your business, you will not pass the account review
- additionally, if you wish to use TikTok For Business products like the TikTok Creator Marketplace or apply for ad credit programs, your “Business Name” must be consistent with the one on your official documents, such as a business license or the IRS SS-4 EIN Assignment Letter
- Currency: then, select the currency you wish to use in your billing
Click “Register” when you’re done.
3) Access account setup
4) Enter your business info
- Company Website: enter the URL of your company’s website, like “https://www.tiktok.com/“. URLs that do not follow this format will not be accepted during the account review
- Industry: select the industry that best represents the products and services you will be promoting
- Street Address: the location of your headquarters or where your business is registered
- State/Province: the state/province where your business is registered
- Postal code: the postal code of the region where your business is registered
- Business Verification (Optional): upload a government or officially issued number that you use to do business or pay taxes in your country. For example, in the US the only accepted business verification id number is the federal taxpayer identification number
5) Payment method
- Manual Payment
- Automatic Payment