2 easy ways to geographically switch your PS4
January 12, 2023
How to change the region on your PS4 or PS5?
If you are here, you probably know that there are many things you can gain by changing your PSN environment. Exclusive offers, fast access to games, unlocking geo-restricted streams.
And you’re not alone. With the recent launch of PS5, more and more gamers are looking for great features that are not available in their country. Sony offers individual subscriptions and other services only in certain areas. For example, US gamers have access to savings and content that is not available to gamers in the UK and other European countries. Fortunately, with a VPN, you can change your actual location.
Use a premium VPN
We explain it in detail in this short review:
- First, choose a premium VPN. NordVPN is especially suitable for switching between PS5 and PS4 and now offers discounts of up to 68%.
- We download and install our VPN software. We can’t do this on our PlayStation, we will need a central device such as a PC.
- We open a VPN application and connect to a server in our favorite country, such as the US or Japan, to access the blocked content. Now that we have a private IP address and the correct country we have chosen, we communicate with our PS5 or PS4 and the device we have VPN installed.
- All that remains is to change the country of the PlayStation Network account so that PlayStation Store will show us everything that is blocked in Spain from this country.
Create a new PSN account
- Go to the settings of your console by clicking on the ” briefcase ” icon on the home screen of your PS4.
- Now, click on ” Users ” in the settings menu. You will now be taken to a menu where you can create/delete a user and change the login settings.
- Click on Create User, so you can create a new PSN account.
- You will then be taken to a page where you will be prompted to log in or create a new PSN account. We need a new account for a different site, so click New to PlayStation Network. Create an account.
- Once you have done this, you will be taken to a page that shows you the PlayStation Network features. You probably already know what to do. If not, click on “Sign up now”.
- This is an important step because you will be asked for the country/region of your PSN account. Simply enter “Country or Region” in the PS Store you wish to access. Choose your location wisely, because once you have created and created a PSN account, you will not be able to change it back to that account. Also, fill in details such as preferred language and date of birth. After entering everything, click “Next”.
- You must enter your zip code now. Depending on the region you choose, you can enter any region code. A simple Google search will suffice. Since I chose the United States as the country, I typed in 10013, which I found on Google. After entering the zip code, the fields labeled “City” and “State/Province” will appear automatically. If this does not work for your chosen region, you can import it manually. After doing this, click “Next”.
- You will be prompted to enter the email address you will use for the new PSN account. After this, enter the desired password and simply click “Next”.
- You must enter your zip code now. Depending on the region you choose, you can enter any region code. A simple Google search will suffice. Since I chose the United States as the country, I typed 10013, which I found on Google. After entering the zip code, the fields labeled “City” and “State/Province” will appear automatically. If this does not work for your chosen region, you can import it manually. After doing this, click “Next”.