Do you know what BeReal is?: Find out all the details here
February 12, 2023
Are you ready to get to know the app that took the internet by storm in early 2022? In this note, we’re going to tell you all the details about BeReal, an initiative that shows us the photographs from another angle. So, what is it, how does it work, can you get famous with it, and can you delete BeReal content? Read on below for all the details!
What is BeReal?
Basically, BeReal is a social network platform that asks users to post a daily photo (without filters) of what they are doing. This image will then be sent to the user’s contacts, who will only be able to see the post once they have posted their own BeReal. But what is the purpose?
What is the point of BeReal?
Well, this new social network encourages people to be real. There are no filters. No edit buttons, No monetization. In fact, this isn’t an app people use to get famous because it relies on no ads or follower counts on the platform because it gives viewers a slice of life; it’s unfiltered and spur-of-the-moment, giving users a genuine insight into someone else’s day.
How do you use Bereal?
Do you wanna try it? Okay, then we’ll walk you through how to use it. Actually, it’s very easy.
- Download the BeReal app from the Apple Store or Play Store. Open the app and sign up for an account with your name, date of birth, and phone number. You’ll be sent a security code that’ll verify your identity. Once that’s done, you can go ahead and choose a username.
- You can add friends from your contacts. This can always be done later, but you’d may as well do it when you set up your account. You can also invite friends if they’re not already using BeReal.
- Wait for the ‘It’s time to BeReal’ message. You’ll receive this notification at a random time every day, meaning there’s no time to sneakily plan your photo. Once this message comes through, you have two minutes to post.
- Take your photo and post it. Once you’ve taken your photo, you can see your friends’ BeReals from the same day and comment or react with emojis. You can even reply with a RealMoji, which basically turns you into a react icon.
- Add a caption. You can caption your photo once it’s gone live.
Does Bereal take both photos at the same time?
Yes! The funniest aspect of this app is that when you take a picture in BeReal, you’re actually going to snap one image with your front camera and another with the back camera of your smartphone. The reason? In this way, you’ll give your friends a selfie and a view of what you’re doing.
Furthermore, these are taken within a few seconds of each other, so you don’t really have time to move anywhere else. For this reason, consider others around you before posting (perhaps the middle of the locker room isn’t the best place to post).
How long before BeReals disappears?
Like the story-style functions in most other social media platforms, posts are only live for 24 hours. However, you (and only you) can access your old posts in the “Memories” section of the BeReal app.
How to delete a BeReal
Lastly, it’s important for you to know that if you’re not happy with the photos you’ve taken for your daily post, you can reshoot them within the two-minute window. Although your friends will be able to see how many times you tried to take your picture. This is because the BeReal app wants users to embrace the spirit of spontaneously posting (retaking photos makes it a bit more like other social media platforms).
If you’ve posted a BeReal and regret it, you can delete it. This can only be done once per day, for the same reasons as above. Just hit the three-dot icon next to your BeReal’s timestamp and click “Delete my BeReal,” but keep in mind that if you delete a BeReal, it disappears from the Memories section.
On the other hand, when you try to delete a post, the BeReal app will ask why you want to get rid of it: “Inappropriate content,” “I don’t like my BeReel,” “There was a bug during capture.” These are some examples.