How to block anonymous calls
January 22, 2023
Your phone often rings and as you view the screen you realize you are receiving yet another anonymous call. If you are tired of receiving unwanted calls this guide by Syrus is the one for you. We will show you how to block anonymous calls directly from your phone’s settings but also, if you prefer, by downloading applications created especially for that.
Block anonymous calls on Android
If you have an Android smartphone and want to block anonymous incoming calls, the operation to be performed is very simple. This operation applies, broadly speaking, to all smartphones with an Android operating system. But don’t worry, if it doesn’t work on your phone, within this guide we will see how to block anonymous calls more and more specifically.
So let’s start with a phone that uses the green robot’s stock interface or the Google Phone app for handling phone calls. At this point all you will need to do is:
- Open the Google Phone application
- Tap on the three dots in the upper right corner
- Press Settings in the menu that opens
- Select Blocked Numbers
- Now, move the toggle to ON on the Unknown item.
Now all calls you receive from unknown numbers will be blocked. In addition to anonymous calls, you also have the option of blocking spam calls, that is, calls from call centers. Still within the application, after pressing on the Settings item, follow this step:
- Tap on the Call ID and Spam item
- Move the toggle to ON on the View Call ID and Spam item and also on Call Spam Filtering
Block anonymous calls: Samsung
If you do not use the Google Phone app, let us now see how to proceed with a Samsung smartphone. Here is the step-by-step procedure:
- Open the Phone app
- Tap on the three dots in the top right corner
- Now open the Settings item
- Arrived inside the Call Settings
- Tap on the Block Numbers item
- Move the toggle to ON on the Block unknown/private numbers item
Samsung also gives you the option of blocking spam calls as well as calls you receive from unknown numbers. Still within the Phone app, after following the first steps, do this:
- Tap on the item Block spam and phishing calls
- Move the toggle in the upper right-hand corner to ON
- Now you can decide which calls to block between Block all spam and phishing calls and Block only high-risk scam calls
Block anonymous calls: iPhone
With the introduction of iOS 15, the operation you can perform with the iPhone is much easier. In fact, thanks to this update, the Full immersion feature has been introduced, which gives you the option of not receiving calls or notifications when it is activated or, when you are using a certain application. To take advantage of this new update follow these steps:
- Open the Settings on your iPhone
- Select the Full immersion item
- Choose the option you think is most appropriate and move your chosen toggle to ON (if you wish, you can also add a time or auto-start at the bottom of the screen)
This feature also gives you the ability to choose which people you want removed from Full Immersion. After following the previous steps:
- In the Allowed Notifications section, press People
- Tap on the Add (+) button and select the contacts you want removed
At this point, if you have followed all the guidelines provided by Syrus, you will no longer have problems with jammers of any kind.
We also recommend you read…
Tips for your Samsung cell phone
Samsung Galaxy Watch 5 Pro Tips: use sapphire glass and titanium!