How to Clean a Computer Mouse
One of the essential elements for all those who work in front of a computer is the mouse that serves, along with the keyboard, to “communicate” with the computer, so it is important to keep it clean so that it responds without a problem.
The simple daily accumulation of dust or dirt on the desk table or the mat that we use to slide our computer mouse is enough so that it stops working. If you suddenly realize that your mouse is no longer communicating (because the arrow that identifies it does not appear on the screen) or barely allows you to move around your computer, it is very difficult, it is dirty, so to solve the problem you just have to follow a few steps.
In this article, we will indicate the steps to follow to clean a ball or optical mouse, so take note.
How to clean a ball mouse
For proper cleaning of a ball mouse, you will need:
- Cotton swabs
- Isopropyl alcohol
Step by step guide
- The first thing you should do is disconnect the mouse from the computer.
- Then wipe the external structure with clean, dry cloth. If the mouse is too dirty, it is advisable to moisten the cloth with a little water.
- Next, slide a toothpick along all the cracks on the surface.
- Once you have removed the most superficial dirt, you have to turn the mouse to perform the same procedure with the bottom and the rest of the structure.
- Now with a cotton swab dipped in isopropyl alcohol, you need to disinfect and clean the remaining parts of the mouse that are still dirty. The cotton swab should be slightly moistened.
- After cleaning the external surface of the mouse, remove the top cover with a screwdriver, so that you can remove any skin residue, food, dust, and dirt that has accumulated inside the mouse. All of them can interact negatively with the correct operation of the buttons.
- The area should be cleaned with a cotton swab dipped in a little alcohol or a clean cloth. In general, the dirt fragments are located near the central wheel of the mouse, at the top of the printed circuit board, and near the buttons. Therefore, it is essential to clean them so that the mouse reaches a considerable speed of movement.
- When the internal parts of the mouse are perfectly dry, you must reassemble the mouse. Before carrying out this operation, it is advisable to wait about 5 minutes from the end of the internal cleaning phase.
- Now to complete the job you will need to clean the mouse pad. In fact, if the carpet is dirty, the mouse will not be able to make fast and precise movements. To clean it, use a damp cloth or an adhesive brush, it affects the one used to clean fabrics. Once clean, try the mouse over it and check if it connects again to the computer
How to clean an optical mouse
The mouse or optical mouse has the advantage of not requiring very constant maintenance. For a superficial clean of an optical mouse, you must remove the dust that can be found inside it. This can be done by blowing air into the hole from which the mouse light comes out, either with the mouth or with compressed air.
For a deep and adequate cleaning of an optical mouse, you will need:
- Cloth o rag
- Isopropyl alcohol
Step by step guide
- We have to remove the screw that is on the bottom with a screwdriver, after removing it, we have to press back and then up. Once this is done we will be able to observe the dirt accumulated inside the mouse.
- After observing the grime, we are going to remove the plate from the mouse. We just grab it by the ends and pull it up. This plate does not have screws or plastic locks, there is nothing more than to pull up a little.
- After that, we support it in a safe place and leave it there while we clean the rest.
- After we take out the plate, we grab the upper shell of the mouse, and to leave it clean, we rinse it with water, without the need for soap.
- We remove the dirt well in the sink, then with a rag we do a gentle drying, and with the hairdryer, we finish the drying.
- We repeat the process with the bottom shell of the mouse and dry it well.
- Once that is done, we will focus on the plastic that reflects the light. To clean it, reach with cotton and a little alcohol. We rub it, and then leave it for one minute without doing anything to it, the alcohol evaporates in this way and the plastic remains clean.
- Then we remove the caster from the mouse pad. For this, we must exert a minimum pressure to the right, and then it goes out alone. When we have it separated, with our hand or cotton we remove hairs or dirt.
- After that, we put the caster. We put it in its place and make minimal pressure on the left. Once located, we put a droplet of oil on the mechanical part of the wheel; not on the wheel, but on the part that supports it, the mechanism that makes the wheel spin. With the oil droplet, we ensure that it does not lock.
- Finally, we put everything as it was: the plastic, the plate, and the mouse cable; we put them in their original position. Then we press down and forward to engage the plastic locks.
- Then we put the screw and we already have our mouse as new.
- Remember to keep your mouse pad clean so your mouse lasts longer without dirt.
The world of mobile video games continues to boom and grow every day. The Google Play catalog continues to increase its options, with increasingly complete deliveries, both graphically and in general possibilities. There are games of all types for all…
The smartphone is one of the electronic devices that we use the most. Because it is small and easy to carry with us, it has become our daily companion. And that is why many use their smartphones to read their…
Marketing in any industry is an essential tool to sell online. Companies, businesses or startups of any kind have always had different mechanisms to promote their products and services, and increase their customers. These mechanisms have evolved over the years,…
Due to the high demand from companies and the rise of freelancers, the platforms that serve as a link between demand and supply of various online products and services, have grown in recent years in a surprising way. In…
Now you can take classes from prestigious universities like Harvard, Yale, and the University of Pennsylvania at your home's haven, and they're free. With the coronavirus changing the routine of our daily lives and public health officials begging us…
Instagram has become one of the most popular and most powerful social networks today. If you have an account and want to use it to get more followers and generate income, we will indicate some details that you should know.…