How to host your website on HostGator
July 25, 2020
One of the phases of launching a website that can sometimes be somewhat cumbersome, is finding a good hosting option. Among so many alternatives that exist in the market, this step can become a headache. This time we will be talking about one of the most popular web hosting alternatives, we refer to Hostgator.
HostGator was created in 2002 and has managed to gain respect in the hosting industry. With a customer satisfaction rate of over 90% and more than 10,000 servers, this company is one of the largest and most recognized today.
Mainly focused on the user with a certain technical level, HostGator’s flexibility is its strength. Dedicated hosting, VPS and Windows are also available. Root access, SSH, and support for Ruby, Perl, Python, and other programming languages ??are available on all plans.
HostGator has almost unlimited options and controls available for its servers, with friendly support and tools for different users.
We will mention the main characteristics of this hosting service:
- Provides a solid infrastructure.
- It has a useful support.
- Unlimited disk space.
- Control panel with good design.
- Free templates for websites.
- HostGator offers shared, dedicated, cloud and VPS hosting.
- Domain registrations.
- It has a website creator.
- Includes resale options.
- Provides tutorials to help you navigate the wide world of DNS and data centers.
- The appeal of HostGator services is its shared hosting server; This is what the company is known for and excels at.
- Flexibility to add numerous add-ons for privacy, security and productivity according to user requirements.
How to use HostGator?
The platform of this web hosting service has a very friendly and easy to use design.
If you already have a website created, and you only require a space to host it, you just have to follow a few simple steps:
- First, you must select what type of hosting you want, selecting one of the plans offered by the service.
- Once you select the option that best suits your requirements, you will be presented with a screen to create your account on the platform.
- Indicate the information requested, such as the domain you want (it must be one that is not in use), user information, and the details of your payment method. You will also have the option to choose additional services, such as obtaining an email address with your new domain.
- Once you proceed with the payment validation process, you will be able to start hosting your website.
- You must proceed with the setup process, which is easy thanks to the company’s fast sourcing system and clear, easy-to-interpret icons. It is a simple experience, and in case of doubts you can go to the live chat to receive support from the support staff.
- Once the configuration process is finished, you will already have your website perfectly hosted.
To create your website and host it
HostGator also has additional features for those who want to set up a site without the hassle of hiring other people to design, build, and manage everything.
- Use the website builder named Gator.
- Select one of the configurable templates provided by the tool. All have modern design.
- Easily customize the appearance of your website, dragging and dropping each function or element.
- Gator includes an e-commerce plan, so you can set up a fully functional and stocked online store, just by selecting the appropriate option.
- If you wish, you can opt for a site analysis and a free SSL certificate to protect the data of your visitors.
- Once you build your website with the Gator tool, proceed with the hosting steps already explained.
Advantages of hosting in HostGator
These are some of the advantages that you will get when hosting your website in HostGator:
Reliability and support
With a 99.9% uptime guarantee, HostGator performs admirably when it comes to reliability. This level of service is the industry standard, and while there are hosts with a higher uptime rate, they also come at a much higher cost. HostGator has been in the industry for a long time, so you can be sure that they are not a scam and will exist for the long haul.
HostGator includes a comprehensive online knowledge base for common hosting problems and live support 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, by email, phone and chat.
Large number of control panels
HostGator uses the latest cPanel software to power client management consoles. You can get started quickly, including tasks like organizing and creating e-commerce shopping carts.
Using the HostGator back-end account admin panel, you can collect statistics and logs using AWStats, Webalizer, Raw Log Manager, and Error Logs.
Windows hosting clients can monitor their environments using Plesk for website management, email account creation, and software installations.
Free site and cPanel migrations
If this is not your first site and you are trying to move an existing one, HostGator will support you.
You will have 30 days after registering to get in touch and have them help you move your site files, databases, scripts and even a domain name.
This includes a full cPanel transfer. In case you have multiple site installations, you’re covered.
All HostGator shared hosting plans come with a single site (or cPanel) migration included.
There are several freebies that HostGator includes with each hosting plan: unlimited disk and bandwidth, a free website builder and website creation tools, several hundred website templates, free domain transfers, and MySQL databases unlimited.
Plus, new site owners can draw attention to their web ownership using the $ 100 in Google AdWords credits, courtesy of the HostGator team.
Enjoy access to hundreds of one-click installs available for all major open source projects like WordPress, Joomla and Magento.
A 45-day money-back guarantee gives you enough time to try HostGator and make sure that the company’s hosting can meet your needs.
A 99.9% uptime guarantee is pretty standard for the web hosting industry and will cover the needs of most people. If you need a higher uptime rate, you can get it for an additional cost.