How to Recover Deleted Messages on iPhone
March 19, 2023
The iPhone messaging app is one of the most widely used mobile messaging platforms in the world. The app allow users to send and receive messages, photos, and videos with ease. With its simple interface, intuitive design, and robust features, the iPhone messaging app has become the go-to choice for millions of users.
One of the standout features of the iPhone messaging app is its ability to sync messages across multiple devices. This means that users can start a conversation on their iPhone and continue it on their iPad or Mac seamlessly. Additionally, the app offers end-to-end encryption for enhanced privacy and security.
Another notable feature is the ability to send and receive messages in a variety of formats, including text, photos, videos, and even animated stickers. The app also supports group messaging, allowing users to chat with multiple people at once. Moreover, the app has various customization options that let users personalize their messaging experience. For instance, users can set a custom background for their conversations, choose different bubble styles, and even customize the way their message alerts appear.
With its powerful features and ease of use, it’s no wonder the iPhone messaging app has become the preferred choice for many users. Whether you’re messaging with friends, family, or colleagues, the iPhone messaging app offers a seamless and enjoyable experience.
How can I recover my messages?
Have you ever unintentionally removed an important conversation while clearing out your iPhone messages? Or perhaps you meant to delete a different message but ended up deleting the wrong one?
Fortunately, if you have iOS 16 or a more recent version installed on your Apple device, there is a feature that enables you to recover deleted messages. This can be a lifesaver when it comes to lost or misplaced messages. To help you in case of a missing message, we’ve created a step-by-step guide on how to access and recover deleted messages on your iPhone.
Here are the steps provided by Apple to view deleted messages:
- Launch the Messages app.
- Tap on the Edit button located on the top left corner of the screen. If you have message filtering enabled, then you need to tap on Filters instead.
- Choose Recently Deleted located at the bottom of the list.
- This will display all the conversations that have been deleted within the last 30 days. The most recent ones will appear at the top, while the older ones will be at the bottom of the list.
The countdown next to the conversation indicates the remaining days before it gets deleted permanently from your phone. Nevertheless, this won’t display the whole conversation. To retrieve the complete message, follow the steps below.
To recover your deleted messages, simply select the conversation(s) you want to recover, and click on the Recover button at the bottom right of the screen. You can choose to recover multiple conversations at once. A pop-up will appear, and you should select Recover [number of] Messages to confirm the retrieval. Your conversation(s) will be restored and moved back to the All Messages folder.
Additional App Features
The iPhone Messages app offers several functions that allow for effective and personalized communication.
- Text messages: the main function of the iPhone Messages app is to send and receive text messages. You can send a message to a single recipient or a group of people.
- Multimedia messages: in addition to text messages, you can send multimedia messages such as photos, videos, GIFs, and voice messages. These messages can be viewed and played directly from the Messages app.
- Message effects: you can customize the messages you send by adding special effects like confetti or fireworks to images and text messages.
- Animoji and Memoji: with the TrueDepth camera in the latest iPhone models, you can create custom Animoji and Memoji that replicate your facial expressions and transmit them as animated messages.
- Reacting to messages: you can use reactions like “Like” or “Dislike” on other people’s messages and use message animations that adapt to the message itself.
- Full-screen messages: you can send full-screen messages with complete visual effects, including animated backgrounds, jokes, and messages with custom fonts.
- Integration with Siri: users can use Siri to send messages, read received messages, and respond to messages using only their voice.
- Third-party messaging apps: the iPhone Messages app supports third-party messaging apps like WhatsApp and Facebook Messenger, allowing users to send messages through these apps directly from the Messages app.
- Location sharing: you can share your location with other iPhone users through the Messages app, making it easy to meet up or find friends and family.
The iPhone Messages app has multiple functions. You can send and receive text messages, multimedia messages, and use message effects. Animoji and Memoji are customizable animated messages. You can react to messages and send full-screen messages. Siri is integrated for hands-free messaging. Third-party messaging apps are supported, as well as location sharing.
Finally, thanks to the new iPhone operating system update, you no longer have to worry about missing messages. In fact, thanks to this guide, you can recover your lost messages thanks to the new innovations presented by Apple.