How to send money to family and friends with Zelle?
One of the most used alternatives to send and receive money is Zelle. It is an easy-to-use, effective and secure service that facilitates making payments and sending money to family and friends.
What is Zelle?
Zelle is a service that allows you to send money in a few minutes, between bank accounts of different banks. This service only works with banks in the United States.
To use Zelle, all you need is an email account or a US cell phone number. With only these data the money transfer can be done without any problem.
- Transactions are executed quickly, so the money will be effective in the destination account in just a few minutes.
- You can transfer and receive money between family and friends, without having to share your account information. This gives you more security and privacy.
- It is very easy to use.
- It is a free service that works in conjunction with affiliated banks.
What financial institutions work with Zelle?
There are many banks that have the Zelle service as part of their functions. The main banks in the United States have this service, and more and more entities are added to the list of affiliates.
So that you can know with certainty which are the banks that provide the Zelle service, you can visit the following link zellepay.com/partners.
Considerations for sending money
Before starting to use Zelle, it is important that you take into account the following recommendations and aspects:
- It is recommended to use Zelle only with trusted friends and family.
- It is possible that once you have executed the transaction, it cannot be canceled or reversed.
- Before sending money it is recommended that you verify if the recipient is registered with Zelle. In this way you can receive the money almost immediately. If not, the money may take one to three business days to be available after the recipient has signed up.
- If you made a money transfer and the recipient was not enrolled in Zelle, they will need to register to receive the money. To do so, you will have fourteen days, and you must use the same data (email and cell phone number) that you used to send funds. If after fourteen days the recipient does not register with Zelle, the funds will be returned to your account.
- You may be charged for data by your mobile service provider when you perform a transaction with Zelle.
How to send money with Zelle?
Sending money with Zelle is extremely easy. You can carry out the transaction from the Zelle service’s own app, from your bank’s website or from your bank’s app.
Although the options may have different names in the bank and the Zelle app, the steps to follow are the same:
Log in to your bank or the Zelle app
The first thing you should do is enter your bank from the bank’s website or application; or go to the Zelle mobile app. Once you have logged in, you will be presented with an option similar to “Send money with Zelle” in the operations menu. When you select that option, if you haven’t signed up for Zelle, you will be prompted to do so.
To register, you only need to indicate an email account and a mobile phone number. You must also link a bank account to Zelle.
Select or add a recipient
If you haven’t already added the person you want to transfer money to as a recipient, your bank and Zelle should give you the option to do so. Enter the requested information about the recipient and that’s it.
In case the person you want to send money to is already registered as a recipient, you just have to select them from the options that appear.
Indicate the amount to transfer
Next you must indicate precisely what is the amount you want to send. You should also indicate which account will be from where you will transfer the money. Once this is done, you can press the “Accept” or “Continue” button, depending on the web medium you are using.
Check before sending
Before making the final transfer, you must see a verification screen. In this screen you are presented with all the data of the operation, so that you can validate that everything is in order.
Once you have reviewed and verified everything, you can proceed with the transfer.
Finally, you are presented with a confirmation screen with the details of the payment made.
The recipient will receive an email with the notification corresponding to the sending of money.
How to receive money with Zelle?
An essential requirement to receive payments through Zelle is to register for the money transfer service. As we already mentioned, you only have to indicate your email or a mobile phone number in the United States, and link a bank account in which you will receive the funds.
Once you have processed your registration, you only have to indicate your email or mobile number to the person who will make the payment.
When the money is sent, you will receive an email or text message indicating the execution of the operation. The money will be deposited automatically in the account you have affiliated with Zelle.
Request a payment with Zelle
Another function that you can perform with Zelle is to request the payment of money from someone else.
To make the payment request, go to the “Requets” option. Remember that depending on the bank, the option may vary, or even not exist.
From the payment request screen, you must select the person who will receive the request, or add it if it is not among your registered options. Next you must indicate the amount corresponding to the payment you will request. Validate each data of the operation, and press the button “Send” or “Accept”, according to the bank.
Zelle is a very practical, effective and safe service to send money to family and friends. You can use it with complete confidence, if you have a bank account in the United States.