Learn how to clean the Ram on your iPhone
January 4, 2023
Unlike Android, you don’t have to do this all the time, but it can help you reduce junk files and improve system performance. Also, using this can be useful in some cases. For example, if the app shows errors or gives you problems, you do not need to uninstall it or turn off the phone, but it is usually enough to delete some data from the memory to ensure its proper functioning, moreover, all this can be done without being an expert and without using complex tools. We show you each of the best RAM cleaning solutions for any iPhone or iPad model you have.
How to free RAM in iOS?
In the case of iPhones, we will delete applications from multitasking to free up RAM, since we cannot force the closure from the settings. On Apple devices, especially non-pro variants, it is common to run out of RAM when we open the camera or some other game, as there are several iPhones on the market with just 4 GB of RAM and the most radical solution is to turn it off and turn it on again, so that the processes in the background are closed when the device is turned off.
A manual method
- Unlock your phone.
- Now, keep the lock button pressed until a notification appears. On iPhone, this button is located on the side of the device. On iPad, the button is at the top.
- You will then see a message that says Swipe to turn off.
- Press the Home button several times or hold it down.
- You will see the screen flashlight. This means that the memory has been cleared.
Clear the RAM of your iPhone X
IPhone X is a different story because it doesn’t have a home button, so the iPhone X RAM cleaning process is different. Relax, we added one more step and you will see that after a while your phone will be free of junk files and the system will work fine. You just need to follow the procedure described below:
- Unlock your phone and go to Settings.
- Once inside, swipe the screen down and look for the Accessibility section.
- Within that menu, tap on the Touch section to enable Assistive Touch.
- Now, go back to the main screen. You will see the home button activated.
- This option will allow you to continue with the cleaning process just like on any other model with a physical home button, but with one small modification.
- Next, within the Settings menu, go to General and look for the Shutdown option at the bottom. Select it.
- Once you do, the shutdown screen will open, and you will have to press the new home button for a few seconds.
- Finally, your RAM has been successfully wiped.
Is it necessary to clean the RAM?
Clearing the RAM of your iPhone X or any iOS device is a necessary procedure because many times the device stores junk files that the processor will not use again all this information is stored because the computer does not know when you will use it again and you will not need it again and, therefore, it is not superfluous to delete it to save space. Similarly, there are some applications that are updated and leave obsolete information in the storage, data that will not be used again and only accumulate. Therefore, if you stop clearing the RAM memory of your iOS device, the first result is that it will start to work slowly, the system will take a long time to perform actions and will not allow you to save files (photos, music, videos, etc.).