Update your WhatsApp status in a few easy steps
December 3, 2020
Follow along these instructions to make your WhatsApp status more fun and interesting for anyone who sees it.
The WhatsApp Status is a function that lets your WhatsApp contacts know what you’re up to at the moment. Through an update, in 2017 it became pretty similar to Instagram Stories and Snapchat, and we may be right in thinking that the messaging app wanted to jump on the trend as well.
Your status has a duration of 24 hours – meaning that after this time-lapse it will disappear – and it consists of sharing text, photos, videos, GIFs and also links. It can only be viewed by the contacts in your device’s address book who, needless to say, must also have WhatsApp downloaded on their device. So, you first have to save someone’s number on your phone for them to see your status, and vice-versa.
Now that we explained what the WhatsApp Status is, let’s see how we can use it.
Create a WhatsApp Status update
- open WhatsApp and select STATUS at the top, next to CHATS
- Text to compose a written status; it could be a quote you like, or a message that explains how your life’s going. You can tap Emoji to add emoji or GIFs, to make your status more lively. T is for picking a font, while Color allows you to choose a background color.
- Camera or My status to take a photo, record a video, or pick a GIF, or you could choose an existing photo, video, or GIF from the picker. You can also add a caption or edit the photo, video, or GIF, which you can learn how to do if you click here.
- then tap Send, and you’re done!
Alternatively, you can create and send a picture, video, or GIF status update by going to the CHATS tab, then tapping Camera.
- open WhatsApp and tap STATUS
- Camera or My Status if you desire to take a photo, record a video, or GIF or maybe choose an existing photo, video, or GIF from the picker. You can also add a caption or make edits to the photo, video or GIF; learn how to do it here.
- Text is for composing a written status update. You can tap T to pick a font or Color to pick a background color.
- tap Send when you’re finished.
Alternatively, you can create and send a picture, video or GIF status update by tapping Camera.
How to view or reply to a status update
It is very simple and it applies to both Android and iOS devices, you’ll just need to:
- tap the STATUS tab to view a contact’s status update. Then, tap the contact’s status update
- if you want to reply to a contact’s status update, tap REPLY while viewing the status.