How to manage more than one Twitter account
There are various reasons for why people decide to create and manage multiple Twitter accounts; we will show you how to get it done effortlessly if you happen to have this same idea.
We can consider Twitter to be one of the most popular and influential social media platforms of modern society. The net native app was launched in July 2006 by American developers Jack Dorsey, Noah Glass, Biz Stone and Evan Williams and it specializes in microblogging, which consists in tweeting, liking and retweeting posts from users. As of 2019, Twitter reached about 330 million monthly active users worldwide, causing it to be cemented as one of the most relevant social networking services around.
Creating a Twitter account can be fun and stimulating: it allows users to keep in touch, to share opinions and ideas, to be part of the conversation, or even to participate in initiatives and movements. People can post their own art, gain visibility by promoting their business, and maybe someone can hope to become an Internet sensation, as well.
But if you want to keep your private life and Internet persona separated you can exploit Twitter’s account system by creating two, three or more different accounts and switching between them any time you want.
Adding additional accounts on the Twitter Android app
- Open the Twitter app on your Android device; the top menu displays a navigation menu icon (the three horizontal lines) or your profile icon. Tap whichever icon you see
- Click on the arrow pointing down in the header
- Here you’ll be faced with two options: create new account or add existing account
- Now you can switch accounts by tapping the same down arrow icon as before everytime you need to.
What about logging in to two Twitter accounts at a time via desktop?
It is just as simple, you’ll only need to:
- Tap your profile icon on the side menu
- Select the more icon (the three dots) or the plus icon
- Click on add an existing account
- If you’re done, now you can go back and forth between the accounts by clicking on your profile icon, and then on the other smaller ones next to the more icon.
Can I log in to multiple accounts at the same time from mobile.Twitter.com?
Yes, just like this:
- Tap your profile icon in the upper left corner of the screen
- Then tap more
- From here select add an existing account
- You will switch from an account to another by pressing your profile icon and then clicking on the smaller profile icons that you’ll see next to more.
Can I do this when using Twitter Lite, too?
Of course, the course of action for this is pretty much the same:
- Click your profile icon on the top left
- Choose more
- You can add an existing account now
Managing multiple Twitter accounts all at once via Twitter for Microsoft
Log in to your Twitter account from your computer and follow the same steps we described earlier:
- Tap your profile icon
- Click the more icon
- Add an existing account
- You can now switch accounts by simply tapping your profile icon, then clicking on the other smaller icons next to more.
What if I wanted to mesh my two or more Twitter accounts together into one?
The possibility to combine multiple accounts into one is sadly not available, it is also not possible to transfer data (tweets, followed accounts, following accounts) from one account to another.