Do you know how to play GTA V in VR?
October 19, 2022
As you’ll know, GTA V is one of the most popular games of its generation. However, it is not a secret that the game is nearly a decade old and starting to show its age. But we have good news for the fans of the game since they can now play GTA V in an entirely new way with the R.E.A.L VR Mod by Luke Ross!
That’s why, although it is a little tricky to install the R.E.A.L VR mod, today we will teach you how to do it with a quick guide that for sure will help you play not just GTA V in VR but also a lot of flatscreen games.
Things needed for GTA V in VR
To begin with, we’re going to mention the essential things you should have:
- Gaming PC
- VR headset
- USB-C cable
- GTA V on PC
- Controller (optional)
Now that we’re on the same page, open GTA V in the normal mode and change a few settings before applying the VR mod. To do so, just follow the route: Settings > Camera and change the following settings:
- First Person Head Bobbing: Off
- Allow Independent Camera Modes: Off
- First Person Third Person Cover: On
- First Person Vehicle Hood: Off
- Settings > Gamepad > Targeting Mode: Free Aim
Once you have modified the normal mode settings, you might also need to change their graphical settings to the ones mentioned to get the best performance possible. Then, go to Settings > Graphics and change the following things:
- Aspect Ratio: must be Auto
- Shader Quality: must be either Very High or High
- In-Game Depth Of Field Effects: recommended Off
- Advanced Graphics> Frame Scaling Mode: must be either 5/2 (x2.500) or 2/1 (x2.000)
Install GTA V R.E.A.L VR Mod
Finally, you can proceed with the installation by following these steps:
- First of all, download the R.E.A.L VR Mod from the GitHub Page.
- Next, download the Script Hook V to use the VR mod on the latest version of the game.
- Then, extract the R.E.A.L VR Mod to GTA V main game folder and replace all the existing files:
Default Game Directories
Steam: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Grand Theft Auto V
Epic Games Store: C:\Program Files\Epic Games\GTAV
Social Club: C:\Program Files\Rockstar Games\Grand Theft Auto V
- Now, open the ScriptHookV zip file and extract the ScriptHookV.dll file to the GTA V main game folder.
- Subsequently, go to the GTA V main folder and run the RealConfig.bat file.
- There you have to press H, M, or L to get high, medium, or low graphics in VR.
- Following this, connect the PC to a VR headset and launch the game.
- Lastly, GTA V should now run in VR mode thanks to the R.E.A.L VR mod, which means that you can start to enjoy it.
Note: To run the game using Steam VR, disable the Steam VR theater. Right-click on the game in your Steam library and select Properties. Uncheck “Use Desktop Game Theater while Steam VR is active.”