Do you know how to take pictures in BeReal?
February 21, 2023
BeReal has surprised everyone with its different way of taking photos and sharing authentic moments with friends. That’s why the platform has gained a lot of popularity recently. If you don’t know about the latest social network platform, you can check all the details here.
Nevertheless, since it lacks the editing features of other apps like Snapchat and Instagram, some users may wonder how to take pictures with BeReal. But no worries. we’re going to explain to you all the process and help you learn how to snap stunning filter-free photos in the app, regardless of whether you have an iPhone or Android device. So, let’s dive in!
How to Take Pictures in the BeReal App
Fortunately, the app is available in both iOS and Android. What’s more, if you haven’t been able to download the app yet, here are the direct download links for specific operating systems.
- Find out the BeReal app for Android devices here.
- iOS users, you can take a look at the official app here.
How to Take Pictures in the BeReal App on iPhone or Android
First of all, you have to know that the process is similar for both systems. Then, once you download the app and set up a BeReal account, taking pictures only requires a few clicks. You’ll receive a notification it’s time to post your daily BeReal. The app’s typical posting time is between 11am and 11pm. Thus, let’s see what you need to do it:
- After receiving the BeReal notification, tap it to launch the app.
- If prompted, enable the app to access your device’s front and back cameras.
- To finish, hold the device in the desired position and press the round camera button at the bottom of the screen.
Share your BeReal post with your friends on iPhone
Despite having almost the same steps, the interface could seem a little different on iPhone and Android so that we’re going to explain to you each one.
- After taking photos in the app. Choose the “My Friends Only” option under the “Send To” tab.
- After that, select “Send” at the bottom of the app.
Now, follow these steps if you want to make your BeReal post public. Nonetheless, keep in mind that when you select this option, the app will also share your geolocation.
- Find the “Send To” tab and select “Everyone (Discovery).”
- Tap “Send” at the bottom of the interface.
Share your BeReal post with your friends on Android
Okay, now let us explain to you the Android version. Once you’re happy with your photo, you can share it with your friends.
- Press the blue arrow underneath your image.
- Select “My Friends Only” under “Send To.”
- Hit the “Send” button at the bottom of the app.
Here you can also make your BeReal image public and share it with other users on the Discovery page. To do so, you just have to:
- Tap the arrow-shaped icon beneath your BeReal picture.
- Navigate to the “Send To” section and choose the “Everyone (Discovery)” option.
- Click “Send” at the lower end of the interface.
How to Retake a Picture in BeReal
While BeReal stands by its goal of being authentic by giving the users only two minutes to take pictures, the truth is that you can retake the picture if you’re dissatisfied with the results (as long as it is within two minutes). This process applies for both Android and iOS.
- Press the “X” button in the top right of the screen to delete the current picture.
- After the app reactivates your camera, tap the round button at the bottom of the app to take a new photo.
However, after you upload the post to BeReal, the app will alert your friends about how many retakes you’ve had. This rule only applies to users with over 10 friends. If you’re only connected to nine people through the app, you’re in the clear.