How to hide apps on Android?
January 9, 2023
Android is an open operating system and there are several options to perform certain actions. Hiding applications is something simple that you can do in many ways on almost all Android phones. The companies themselves often have this option, which makes life easier for users. Here are the best ways to hide apps:
Hiding applications with user profiles
To hide apps on Android devices, we have different methods depending on the type of hidden device and our type of operating system that has the right level to do so. Let’s go by parts.
- Hide apps with user profiles
- To activate a new user profile, follow these steps:
- Go to Settings
- Click on the “Users” option where you will see all currently active profiles.
- Click on Add User
- Set it up with your own email address or leave it as “Guest”.
- Whenever you want to borrow your phone while keeping its applications completely hidden, don’t forget to go to the notification area and click on the corresponding icon to switch users: Having a guest user is always a good idea.
Your device may have a system for hiding apps and they may not appear in the app drawer. The best thing to do is to go to the app drawer and press and hold the app you want to hide. There may be options to show you, rather than an option to hide. Otherwise, you can go to your device’s settings and look for “Hide devices” or “Hidden devices”. On Samsung phones, there is a pop-up window where you can select the apps you want to hide. At each stage of the process, it’s different, but there is a slight difference. If you are looking for these options, you will eventually find a way.
Use the layer option
Some versions of Android include a speaker that allows you to hide apps directly, as is the case with Samsung, for example. In this case, you can easily hide apps on the device that comes with the phone. The steps will vary slightly from phone to phone, although they are generally like the following:
- Inside the App Drawer, tap on the three dots in the top right corner and select “Settings Home screen”.
- Find the “Hide apps” option and tap it.
- Select all the apps you want to hide and tap “Apply” in the top right corner
Disable system applications
If you want to hide system applications that you do not use, the process is a little different because it still appears in all profiles. The problem is that you must disable it completely, so you won’t be able to use it until you re-enable it.
- Go to “Settings” and look for the “Applications” option.
- Within the list of apps, select the one you want to hide.
- Tap on “Disable”. The app will disappear from the screen, although it will continue to be available in the “Disabled” apps section, ready for you to re-enable it whenever you want.
Use Nova Launcher
If the launcher that comes with your phone doesn’t include the option to hide apps, you can always use a third-party launcher. Nova Launcher is one of the most popular and, of course, includes the option to hide applications. Here are the steps:
- Go into Nova Launcher settings.
- Tap on “App drawer”.
- Tap on “Hide apps”.
- Select the apps you want to hide.