How to Remove Someone from your Hulu Account
February 3, 2023
With the arrival of streaming platforms, watching your favorite movies and shows became easier and those days when you had to stand in long lines to buy a ticket for popular movies are gone.
To be honest, the streaming market has a wide variety from which you can choose from and one of those platforms is Hulu. A popular site that started in 2007 and has a massive fanbase in the United States. Furthermore, it also provides features like a watch party, simultaneous streaming, multiple profiles, etc.
As you see, these features make it the perfect platform to share with family and friends. However, your account might sometimes get compromised and display several unknown profiles due to excessive sharing of the password.
But then, can you delete these profiles? And even more important, does Hulu provide you with access to do so? Well, in this note you’re going to discover it.
Does Hulu allow you to share accounts like Netflix and Disney+?
Okay, we have to tell you that being in the streaming business for more than 15 years has given Hulu the enough experience to learn from its opponents and correct possible mistakes. Subsequently, they have provided us with enticing facilities like multiple profiles, exciting add-ons, etc. But how can I delete other profiles from my account? Let’s see how it goes.
Steps to delete Hulu profiles
The process isn’t as difficult as you imagine. In fact, you can do it on almost all your devices, so let’s check out these steps for the different devices down below:
For Windows PCs and Mac
- To begin with, log in to your account on the official website.
- Now, click on your initials in the top right-most corner.
- Then, select “Manage Profiles” from the dropdown menu.
- After that, click the pencil icon beside the profile you want to remove.
- Select “Delete Profile” at the bottom of the pop-up window.
- Finally, confirm your decision by clicking on “Delete Profile.”
For Smart TVs, Roku, iPhones, Consoles, and more
Of course we have a special section though for those users who enjoy using Hulu on devices different from their desktops. Take a look at the next steps:
- First of all, open your Hulu app or website and log in with your credentials.
- Now navigate “Manage Account” and select “Profiles.”
- Then, select the profile you wish to remove.
- Lastly, confirm your decision by clicking on delete profile.
And that’s all, but keep in mind that even if you succeed in eliminating other profiles, the risk of your account getting compromised still stands. That’s why you can consider changing your account password, so that no stranger can access it without your permission.
How to change your Hulu password?
Changing your password makes it impossible for an unknown person to access your account ever again. Moreover, it will also help you to limit the number of people using the account. The method will work on all devices in this way:
- Open Hulu on your device and select “My Account.”
- Now navigate to “Your Account” and click “Change Password.”
- Enter your “Current Password,” then type “New Password” and confirm it.
- Finally, select “Save Changes” to confirm.
And well, that should be enough to protect your Hulu account, your content and who can watch it.