How to Downgrade iOS 16?
February 2, 2023
What is Downgrade?
The process by which a device’s software, usually firmware, is restored to a previous version. Often, this process is performed to help inactive or proprietary applications.
Downgrade from iOS 16
Just go to install it and follow the steps below.
- Once downloaded and installed, open TenorShare ReiBoot on your computer and connect your iPhone via a USB cable.
- Then tap on the Downgrade iOS button below.
- On the next screen, tap on the Deep Downgrade option. Tap the blue button with the same text at the bottom to continue.
- Now, TenorShare ReiBoot will proceed to download the previous more stable version. In this case, iOS 15.5 is downloaded, but this is something that could change over time.
- The download could take from minutes to hours. It will all depend on your internet connection.
- However, when it is ready, you can select the Start advanced repair option.
- Finally, the program will start installing the new version, and in a few minutes, you will have downgraded from iOS 16 to iOS 15.
Restore your backup
Your iPhone should already be running iOS 15 if everything went well. However, as a final step, you will need to restore your device backup. Now you can get your files, documents, and important media back. As a backup, you will need to open TenorShare iCareFone to continue the process. After all, this is where the backup was made and where it will be restored.
- Open TenorShare iCareFone and connect the iPhone with a USB cable.
- Go to the “Backup and Restore” section.
- All the backups you have made will be stored here.
- Once you have created it, you should be able to view it without too much trouble.
- However, if you have more than one, the program allows you to see the size and date of storage. Select the backup and click Preview Now you will need to select the files you want to restore, and we recommend that you select all of them.
- Now the process should begin, do not turn off the iPhone until it is finished.
Create a backup copy
First, make sure you have enough space on your computer’s memory because you will need to save all your iPhone data temporarily on your computer and download the iOS version you want to update. In this case, your iPhone needs to download iOS 15 to continue with the installation.
To save, minimize, and restore file recovery, we will use Tenorshare ReiBoot and Tenorshare iCareFone programs. This package will allow you to upgrade from iOS 16 to iOS 15 and keep your backups. However, you don’t need to worry too much about anything, as the program will do almost everything for you. All you must do to download TenorShare is CareFone. Once you install it on your computer, whether it’s Mac or Windows, just follow the steps we leave you below.
- Open TenorShare iCareFone on your computer, and then connect your iPhone via a USB cable.
- Once successfully detected, go to the Backup and Restore tab. Here, select all the documents you want to back up.
- When you have everything ready, you can use the Output Folder option to select the specific location.
- The backup will be saved. You can leave it as it is by default.
- Click on Perform backup to start the process.
- Wait for it to finish and you will have all your important files secured.