Switch to Pixel in the easiest and quickest way
December 5, 2022
Android dominating the smartphone field is a fact that can’t be changed but, even though they are the leaders at Google, they don’t want to miss the opportunity to bring other users to Apple, and the new Google Pixels are the perfect reason to do so… to motivate them to switch.
We already knew that the new Pixel and Pixel XL come with a USB OTG adapter for easy migration from other devices, and now Google is targeting iPhone users with two new tutorial videos that explain the process step-by-step.
How to switch from iOS to a Pixel?
Transfer all data from the old iPhone to the new Pixel. Switching from iOS to Android has always been difficult, but now it’s much faster thanks to the USB OTG adapter that comes standard on the new “Made by Google” devices.
The wizard guides you through the process and, when the time comes, you just need to connect the Lightning cable from the iPhone to the Google Terminal with the adapter so that all data such as contacts, photos, videos, calendar data, music, email and even messages are transmitted, you must turn off iMessage and FaceTime before starting the process. Also, all devices must be at least 50% charged for the process to run smoothly.
Transfer Data from iPhone to Pixel
In this first part, we will see how to copy data from iPhone to Pixel using a third-party app called Mobile Trans – Phone Transfer. This tool is suitable for easy data transfer between devices of different platforms, such as Android and iOS. Here are some of the features of MobileTrans – Phone Transfer.
- Easy movement of images, videos, calendars, texts, contacts, and audio files from iPhone to Android.
- Easy transfer of media files from popular Android models to iPhone 11 up to 3GS.
- Perfectly harmonizes with iOS 13 and Android 9.0 systems, as well as Windows 10 and Mac 10.14.
Transfer iPhone to Pixel data with Quick Switch Adapter
If MobileTrans fails, follow the steps below to transfer data from iPhone to Google Pixel. Because there are many steps to follow, and you may skip one or two, it’s best to read them all carefully first and then read them again when you send them.
Get ready to transfer data files.
- There are several things to keep in mind before copying data from iPhone to Pixel. They are:
- Make sure both phones are fully charged or connected to a reliable power source while preparing for the transfer process.
- Double check that you have the Quick Switch Adapter, working USB cables for the iPhone and your SIM card, plus tools with which to insert it.
- On your old iPhone, disable iMessage. This is especially necessary when your iPhone is managed by an organization (business or school) because they often hinder the transfer process.
- On your Pixel phone, insert the SIM card and then turn it on. A ‘Start’ button will be displayed on the phone screen.
Continue with the transfer of data from iPhone to Google Pixel.
- Tap on the ‘Start’ button on the Pixel phone. Next, connect the phone to a stable Wi-Fi network or cellular network. Then choose ‘Copy your data’.
- Next, activate the iPhone and unlock it by entering the appropriate passcode.
- Now, using their respective USB cables, connect the iPhone to the Quick Switch Adapter. Then carefully connect the Quick Switch Adapter to the Pixel phone. Please make the connection in this exact order:
- Tap on ‘Trust’ on the iPhone, and then, on your Google Pixel, log in to your Google account. In case you don’t have one, follow the steps to create a new Google Account.
- Now, a list of all data files will appear on your phone’s screen.