How to sell on Instagram with Shopify and Instagram Shopping
The methods of buying and selling products have been evolving and changing in recent years. At this point, even social networks have become one of the fundamental places for advertising and the consequent purchase of products. Precisely for this reason, several social networks such as Facebook or Instagram have focused on enabling functions within them that lead directly to the purchase of products or to an e-commerce site.
This is the case, for example, of Instagram Shopping, an immersive full-screen showcase through which products can be sold directly on this social network, which is among the most used in the world today. In addition, it can be linked to your Shopify account and thus increase your sales even more.
In this article we will detail how to sell on Instagram with Shopify and Instagram Shopping.
What is Instagram Shopping?
Instagram Shopping, as already mentioned, is the online showcase through which companies can tell the story of their brand and promote the launch of their products. In fact, they can use a widely used and effective tool today, which is that of Instagram stories or feeds to obtain a financial profit, as well as advertising as an end in itself or to publicize their brand.
Also, by converting your Instagram profile into a business profile, you can add relevant information related to your business such as hours of operation, address, phone number and link to the website.
Finally, to link a product catalog to your business account, there are mainly three ways:
- Connecting an existing product catalog
- Managing a new catalog in the same way as you do in Facebook Business Manager, or
- Implementing the integration through your partners specialized in e-commerce platforms, such as Shopify or BigCommerce.
Let’s see now how to connect the Instagram shopping account with Shopify.
How to connect Shopify to your Instagram purchases?
First, make sure your business is in a supported country or region for this operation. Once you’ve verified this, you can start linking the products you have on Shopify to your Instagram business profile.
To start, the first thing you should do is validate that you have a Facebook business page and that you have added products to the corresponding catalog. Later, you can create your Facebook product catalog by setting up the Facebook Store.
At this point you can start managing your product catalog. To add a catalog of products that is already in Shopify and that you want to make visible also in the Purchases area of your Instagram business profile, follow these simple steps:
- Open Instagram from your website or from the application installed on your device.
- Log in to the company account, using credentials or using the Facebook Business Manager account.
- Open the option of your company profile and go to the “Settings” section.
- Click on the option “Purchases” and then on “Edit profile”. If it asks you to confirm the link to your Facebook business page, accept the request.
- To continue, select the product catalog on the website [your store] .myshopify.com
- Finally click on “Save”.
After these steps, the product catalog will be added to your company page and your customers will be able to click directly on a photo or story, to go directly to the link of the product and, perhaps, buy it.
How to Create a Desktop Shortcut to a Website with Chrome
Want to find out how you can save some time whenever you want to visit your favorite websites? If you do, keep reading, because in this article we’re going to show you a very simple and quick hack that will allow to do just that!
The method we’ll be talking about consists in creating a desktop shortcut to a website. This shortcut will function as an app in Chrome, therefore will appear on your desktop as a regular application that uses the logo and the name of the website (although you can change the shortcut’s name at the moment of its creation).
Having a shortcut to a website ready to use on the computer desktop won’t seem like a necessity to most people, but, if you have a weak Internet connection, having to go through all of the steps necessary to access a site can become frustrating, since the process will be very slow. Instead of opening Chrome, entering the website’s name, waiting for the search results to appear and clicking on the one you’re interested in, you’ll be able to access your favorite website immediately with a shortcut. But desktop shortcuts can be beneficial to anyone, since they’ll help you greatly if you’re in a hurry and need to go to a website in as little time as possible.
Add a desktop shortcut to a website in a few easy steps
With that being said, let’s get to the interesting part of the article: let’s find out how to create a desktop shortcut to a website with Chrome!
Note: the shortcut feature works on Windows, Mac and Linux.
What to do beforehand
Before we start, make sure that:
– you’re using the Google Chrome web browser
– you’re signed in to your Google account (the shortcut feature might not work if you’re not)
Follow the steps below to create a shortcut:
– first and foremost, open the Google Chrome app
– search for the website you want to add a shortcut to
– now, click on the menu icon in the right upper corner of the screen (the three dots)
– then select More tools > Create shortcut…
– you’ll be prompted to enter a name for the shortcut, but you can also leave the default name
– if you check the “Open as window” option, the app will open its own individual window
– click Create
– close the Chrome window, and you should be able to see the shortcut/app on your desktop!