New Messaging Features on Instagram
December 29, 2022
It’s not been so long since Instagram launched their new updates, but as we know, IG has a very committed team and this time they’re introducing new seven messaging features to the interface.
Plus, as they announced at the end of last year, they’re making investments in messaging to help users connect with their closest friends in more fun and seamless ways. That’s why today we’re going to talk a little bit more in depth about these features.
Browse and Chat at the Right Time
Improvements that help people chat, share, and respond
- Reply while you browse: With this update you will be able to receive new messages while you’re browsing your feed. In fact, you can now reply without going to your inbox and losing your place. In this way it’ll be easier and more comfortable to chat while on the app.
- Quickly send to friends: In order to help people reshare interesting content without interrumplir their Instagram experience, you can now tap and hold the share button to reshare posts to your closest friends.
- See who’s online: At the top of your inbox, you can see who’s free to chat at that moment, helping you find coincidential opportunities to connect with friends.
New Experiences in Your Message Threads
Customize your messaging threads by using these new features
- Play, pause, and re-play: Many users could find it a little uncomfortable to share their favorite moments with only 15 seconds of their favorite tracks. But now, enabled by integrations with Apple Music, Amazon Music, and Spotify coming soon, you can share a more extended version with a 30-second preview of that song you just can’t get out of your head, and what’s better, your friends will be able to listen directly from the chat window.
- Send messages quietly: Instagram is a social network that works through pictures and short videos, and that’s the reason why sometimes you or your friends keep sharing some of your favorite moments here. But what happens when those messages arrive late at night or when you’re busy? Well, you can now add an “@silent” to the chat you want and reach out without worrying about sending unwanted notifications.
- Keep it on the lo-fi: Feeling chill? You have to try the new lo-fi chat theme to make your conversations feel more personal.
- Create a poll with your squad: This feature is brought directly from Messenger and it is actually one of the most beloved group chat features. So now, when you’re trying to decide where to go to dinner or what time to meet up, you will be able to create a poll straight in your Instagram group chat.
At the moment, some of these features are only available in select countries. But don’t worry, because the attentive Instagram team told us that they have plans to quickly expand globally as they’re always working to improve their interface and that includes how you connect and share with your closest friends and why not? relatives.
It is likely that in a very short time the company will have more surprises for its users, therefore, stay tuned for more fun ways to connect.