How to avoid trolls on Instagram
November 7, 2022
What are social media trolls?
In the language of the Internet, a troll describes an unknown affiliation that publishes provocative, irrelevant, polemic, or unscathed messages in an online council, as they can be an agora of approach, chat room, blog comments, or similar, with the director will waste or cause an emotional response lack in the users and readers, with diverse aims, to sicken the general celebration in a banner of approach, achieving that the same users become angry, the troll can diffuse messages with disparate quidam of surface as rudeness, offenses, lies difficult to detect, with the will to deceive and to carry sensibility found in the others.
Types of Trolls:
There are many types, but here we leave you some types of trolls that work on the network so you can sort them by type: A man waiting to be raped. As a misspelling.
- Writing nonsensical comments.
- They wait for every post to joke about something. They use humor as a mask to criticize.
- Aggressive: They post offensive material (racist, sexist, sexist…) to provoke discussion, and negative reaction and cause a stir.
- Black Hat Hacker or Cracker: Threatens to take crack action. Blow up websites, send negative SEO attacks, inject fake followers into accounts, shut down bots, etc. to damage your brand’s reputation on social networks.
- Never tire of attacking brands and people.
- Everyone in this world hates and looks like a troll, but there are also unconditional fans of the brand and people who kill it.
How to avoid trolls?
Here are some tips to follow to avoid trolls on social networks and know how to deal with them:
- Common sense: Don’t post sensitive content that a troll could use against you.
- Be polite: In the first attack, be polite by suggesting another way to have a conversation.
- Do not feed the troll: Of course, putting ourselves at their level will not help or lead to anything positive.
- Do not try to try to provide solutions: The troll aims to disharmonize the environment of our networks, whatever we say, whatever we do, it will not help.
- Consider the tools provided by social networks: Social networks provide us with tools to moderate comments, block users or even report actions, use them, and if things go further do not hesitate to report them to the authorities.
- Deactivate comments.
- Create a brand code of conduct on social networks: It is a necessary first step to get the right image and concrete arguments to block trolls on Instagram and make it clear to your community what language and types of behavior are acceptable on your Instagram account. Be transparent and follow the rules you set. If someone cracks the code, please fix the problem.
- Report Trolls on on Instagram.
Note: In case you have a public account, you need to manage comments which gives you a little more control since Instagram offered this option.
Forms of appearance on the Internet
Some ISPs limit the number of newsgroups to which a single message can be posted. One notable example is alt.net, which introduced cross-posting restrictions. The trolls on that system got so wild that Peter da Silva launched a campaign on other systems to stop sharing messages with alt.net until something was done to fix the problem.
The mailing list: administered mainly by moderators, unwanted participants are quickly removed.
A flat, asynchronous open model that allows anyone to write anything. Users try to undo negative changes with out-of-the-box reverting tools, but this requires hundreds of volunteers to monitor a large, popular site. Trolls tend to be less visible than discussion groups and often provide legitimate material, but generate controversy by challenging the current power structure. Further complicating matters is the inability to determine whether a user is just expressing a controversial opinion or is a troll.
The most common form of personal pulpit where anyone can post comments, popular weblogs are effective springboards for trolls through inflammatory comments and provocative posts. The ease with which weblogs can be linked helps spread trolls.