Now it’s time to create your own stickers
December 31, 2022
WhatsApp stickers are stickers that you can add to any conversation to make it interesting, why not, yourself. You can create WhatsApp stickers with your photos to make the conversation even more interesting. You can use photos of yourself, your friends, family or make stickers, for example, of your favorite memes.
How to make your own WhatsApp stickers step by step?
To create stickers, you will need an application that allows us to create packs. We have opted for Sticker Maker, but below we leave you some alternatives so you have a choice. Returning to Sticker Maker, we chose this one because it is a free application and very easy to use.
Step by step, this is how you can create your own stickers with this app:
- Open Sticker Maker.
- Tap on Create a new sticker pack.
- Name and author the sticker pack you are going to create. Once you have entered both fields, click on Create.
- On the main screen of the app, the pack you just created will appear. Click on it to start adding your custom designs.
- As you will see, your package is empty. In Sticker Maker, you can create an icon, which appears first and will be the sticker that will give image to the package.
- Both the icon and the rest of the stickers in the package are made in the same way. Tap on the Icon square to start the process. First you must choose whether you will do it with a photo taken at the same moment (Take photo), an image previously saved in your gallery (Open gallery), a file from your mobile (Select file), from other stickers (Sticker library) or Text only.
- After taking or selecting the photo, you will access the sticker editing screen. First of all, what you need to do is to choose which part of the picture you want to turn into a sticker. This can be the whole photo or the fragment you select using smart selection or manual selection (custom cut – Freehand, square cut or circular cut).
- Once you have selected the sticker, you can choose to redo the design by clicking on Retry or add it to your sticker gallery by tapping on Save. Our design is not much, but it will be useful for our WhatsApp conversations.
- You can also add text and frame to your stickers, as you can see in our example sticker. If you click on Add text in the top right corner, you can write on the sticker. To change the font and add background text, play with the two buttons in the bottom left corner.
- If you want to further customize your sticker, add a frame by selecting the Outline tool. You can choose both the width of the frame and the color of the frame. When you have finished the sticker, click on Save to confirm the design and add it to your sticker pack.
- Finally, when you are done with your custom sticker pack, click on the Add to WhatsApp button. A new window will open and confirm the action by selecting Add.