PlayStation: How to cancel a pre-order
December 6, 2022
On some occasions we may make a pre-ordered purchase but then we need to cancel for some reason. In the event this happens to you and you have paid for pre-ordered content on PlayStation Store and now need to cancel, you can request a refund of that payment you made.
In order to request a refund for pre-order content on the PlayStation Store, it is important that the request is made before the release date or also within 14 days of purchase, it is also very important to take into account that the content has not started downloading or streaming for the pre-ordered content refund to be effective.
In the event that the content has already begun to be downloaded, the refund cannot be requested, in the same way, you should be aware if you have the automatic download option enabled, since the downloads will be carried out automatically if the option is active.
What are auto-downloads and updates?
- System software updates are downloaded and installed automatically as well as game updates.
- Games purchased from the PlayStation Store can be downloaded remotely.
The console must be configured to remain connected to the Internet when in rest mode and thus install the update files automatically. This should be taken into account in case you want to cancel a pre-order purchase, as if the game or updates are installed automatically, the refund option may no longer be available.
How long do I have to cancel my PlayStation Store pre-order?
If you paid for the content more than 14 days before the release date of the main product:
In this case, the content order can be canceled at any time up to the release date, and if the main part of the pre-order content has not yet started downloading, this also includes pre-loading before launch.
If the content was paid for 14 days or less before the release date of the main product:
For this case, if you have not yet started downloading the main part of the pre-order content, which also includes pre-loading before launch, the content can be canceled up to 14 days after the pre-order is placed.
If the main product has not yet started downloading and the pre-order includes additional content that is available before the release of this main product, you will no longer be able to access the additional content if you cancel your pre-order. Also, the refund will be for the original means of payment with which the purchase was made. You can contact the department in charge to cancel the pre-order and request a refund of the payment.
How to find PlayStation Store purchases online
In order to find the purchases you have in your PlayStation Store, you must follow the following steps, it can also vary by console:
- First scroll to the top of a PlayStation.com page and select Sign In.
- Then select your avatar at the top of the page > Game Library > Purchased
- Go to Games home > Game Library.
- Scroll to the Your Collection tab.
- Select the game hub and scroll to the Add-Ons section.
- From the function screen, go to the Library and select Purchased.
- Then select the game from your Library and scroll down to PlayStation Store > Your add-ons.
- Open PlayStation App and select Game Library, and select Purchased.
- Then select the game on PlayStation App and select Add-ons.