Here’s how to deactivate or delete your Snapchat account
December 12, 2022
All in all, Snapchat is unlike any other social media app, with its stories disappearing after just a few seconds. full of fun features like creative selfies, real-time life updates, and dog filters. So it’s easy to get carried away on the platform and share our best photos.
But what happens when you want to take a break from this social network? Or even if you’re considering deleting your Snapchat account for good? Well, whether you’re deleting Snapchat in favor of Instagram Stories because you hate the Snap Map feature or just don’t like it, it will only take a few minutes to delete or deactivate your account, and here we’ll show you how.
How do I delete my Snapchat account?
If you have a problem with Snapchat, we may be able to help. In fact, you can contact the support team to let them know directly what’s going on. However, if you still want to delete your account, you can follow the steps below:
How to delete your Snapchat account on iOS
If you are an iOS user, do this:
- Tap the ⚙️ button on the Profile screen to open Settings.
- Then, scroll down to “Account Actions.”
- There, tap ” Delete account “
- Lastly, follow the steps to delete your account
How to delete your Snapchat account on Android or Website
In this case, you will need to go to the account portal and enter the username and password of the account you wish to delete. (We advise you to keep this information handy in case you change your mind and wish to reactivate your account.)
If you try to deactivate your account from an Android phone, the process will most likely be similar to that of an iOS device. Conversely, if you are trying to delete or deactivate your Snapchat account from a PC, follow these steps:
- Start by going to the Snapchat account portal. You can also access this page by going to Snapchat.com, scrolling to the bottom of the page, and selecting “Support.” Then go to “My Account and Security” and click on “Account Information.” Finally, select “Delete an account.”
- Next, enter your username and password.
- After that, enter the security code sent to the phone number linked to the account and click “Submit.”
- Finally, enter your username and password again. Then click “Continue,” and your account will be deactivated.
After following the steps to delete your account, it will first be deactivated for 30 days. While your account is deactivated, your friends will not be able to contact or interact with you on Snapchat.
After this time lapse, your account will be permanently deleted. This means that your account, account settings, friends, snaps, chats, history, device data, and location data in our main user database will be deleted.
Bonus: How do I reactivate my Snapchat account?
You’ve changed your mind? No problem! In fact, it’s very easy to reactivate your Snapchat account. You simply need to log in to the app with your user data within 30 days of deactivation.
Keep in mind that while your account is deactivated, you can only log in with your username and password. You cannot log in with your email address, and you cannot change your password.
Also, remember that it can sometimes take 24 hours before a deactivated account can be reactivated.