How to see who added you as a friend on Snapchat
December 17, 2022
When it comes to adding friends, Snapchat is not much different from most social platforms. What’s more, just by searching for other users with the “Add friends” option, you can add them using their contact information, username, or other methods. The friend list is simple and easy to navigate.
However, the app makes it a bit difficult to see all the users who have added you. And come on, understanding who follows you is not only important to maintain your online privacy but also to ensure your peace of mind regarding your interpersonal relationships.
So if you want to make sure that certain users have you on their friends list, you’ll have to make an effort to find out. But don’t worry; this article will explain how to do it.
Check Pending Friend Requests
First of all, you should know that when someone adds you on Snapchat, you will see a pending friend request in the “Add Friends” menu. Also, this is the easiest way to see who added you, and to do so, you just need to follow these steps:
- First, open Snapchat.
- Now, tap your profile picture on the top left of the screen.
- Then, press the “Add Friends” button on the next screen.
- If you see an Added Me section above the Quick Add option, it means that you have pending friend requests.
This section shows all the users that added you until you add them back. Once you add them, they will move to the My Friends section.
How Can Others Add You?
A Snapchat user can add you using your username. To use this method, they just need to type your username in the search bar. Likewise, they can add you through their Snapchat, which has a pattern of dots on a yellow background that every user has behind their profile picture.
Other users can scan this code and add you to their friends list. Then, if you have shared your Snapcode online, there is a chance that the other user has found you this way.
On the other hand, people can also add you to their contacts. So if they have your previous phone number or email, Snapchat can automatically give them suggestions to add you. These users will have “Added by Phone” written below their profile information.
Finally, you may find “Added by Quick Add” on some pending users. Quick Add is a special section in the Add Friends menu that suggests profiles you may know or like. These are usually friends of your friends, people you have befriended on other social networks, etc.
Seeing Who Added You Back
When a Snapchat user adds you back, a notification will appear in the ‘Add Friends’ menu, under the Pending section. But this isn’t always the case. If you added a friend but you’re not sure if they added you back, you can check it by using some unconventional methods. These steps are different depending on your device.
If you use Snapchat on your iPhone, you can see who added you back by checking the contact information window. Follow these steps:
- To begin with, open Snapchat.
- Then, tap the Chat (speech bubble) icon on the bottom-left corner of the screen.
- After that, press the New Chat (speech bubble) icon on the top-right corner.
- Next, look for the friend that you want to investigate.
- Now, press and hold the name of this friend for a few seconds. A new window should pop up with their information.
- Subsequently, tap ‘Manage Friendship’
- If you see the ‘Remove [name]’ option this person has added you.
To find out if someone added you back on an Android, you need to be direct and send a snap. If you’re fine with that, follow these instructions:
- First of all, take a snap by tapping the white circle on the app. Since you’ll send this snap to another user, you should try to make it appropriate, or you can always cover the camera lens and snap a blank photo.
- Now, tap the ‘Send To’ icon on the bottom right.
- Then, select the user that you’re curious about.
- After that, press the Send button on the bottom-right side of the screen. This will send the snap and take you to the Friends screen.
- Lastly, refresh the screen by dragging your finger down and releasing it. This will display the most recent results.
if you see the grey “Pending” arrow under the user name, it means that the person hasn’t added you yet. If you see a red ‘Delivered’ icon, the person has added you. Moreover, keep in mind that you can’t take the snap back once you send it. If you want to keep it subtle, you should avoid this method.
Keep Track of Who Adds You
When you keep track of who adds you in the ‘Add Friends’ section, you may also receive valuable information about how public your profile is. If many users added you via Snapcode, it may mean that someone has shared it publicly on the internet. You can also keep track of who has your contact information, and who searches your username.