Is BeReal having an Android problem?
February 25, 2023
It has been seen since a recent BeReal update that the app is not working properly for Android devices. And it has been found that this problem is because the app now requires the devices to run Google Play Services.
These issues that have occurred with the BeReal and Android app have been frustrating for users, however, the app mentions that the update that was made was essential to maintain the security and stability of the application.
Devices that do not support Google Play Services
There are some devices that do not support Google Play Services, for example:
- Devices running Chinese ROM
- Huawei devices manufactured after May 2020
How to check if you have Google Play Services
- Open your device’s settings
- Scroll down and tap “Apps”
- Tap “All apps”
- There you will be able to see the Google Play services in a list and if they are installed.
- If you have Google Play Services installed and you’re still having problems with the app, make sure it’s updated to the latest version of Google Play Services.
How to Fix the BeReal App If It Is Not Working
Regardless of the error that has occurred due to the update that was made with Google Play Services, there are problems that have occurred when running the app, therefore here you can find some possible solutions that you can follow:
Check your internet connection:
This is the first step that you should always follow, since many times the connections fail. Therefore, if you are connected to a public WiFi network, you can try a cellular network and check if the problem has been resolved.
Restart the App:
In case the app does not work and does not load, it may be a technical problem, so you can try to restart the application, then it will work great.
Clear the BeReal app’s cache:
Many times the data of the applications gets corrupted and damages the functionality of the app, in this case clearing the cache is the best solution.
- To be able to do it on Android you must enter the Settings application on your phone, then click on Applications and then click on BeReal. Then find Storage & Cache, click on it, then Clear Cache and finally Clear Storage.
- On iPhone, simply uninstall the BeReal app and reinstall it.
Check for an update on the app store:
Updates are important, therefore the ideal is to check if there are any pending updates for the app. The developers of an application usually release an update to solve certain problems that may be happening with the app, therefore, it is best to check your app store for new updates.
Restart your phone:
If none of the above solutions work, you can try restarting your phone. This usually manages to fix any issues that are preventing the BeReal app from working properly.
Reinstall the app:
Another alternative that you can use is uninstalling the app and reinstalling it. In this way you can delete some data that is damaging the operation of the app and also manages to solve problems that arise with the installation of the app.
If it is a technical issue:
The best way in this case is to wait, since sometimes there are some technical problems that are technical with the app’s server, and they can be working to fix them as soon as possible.