Physics Wallah, the new Amazon web series
January 9, 2023
What is Physics Wallah and what is it about?
Inspired by the journey of Alah Pandey, founder, and CEO of unicorn EdTech Physics Wallah. Physics Wallah is the story of a bright young teacher who dreams of an affordable basic education system and his entrepreneurial journey to realize that vision, overcome financial hurdles and transform a home passion for teaching into a successful business.
The series, starring Sridhar Dubey, is about a journey filled with external challenges and internal struggles. Produced and directed by Abhishek Dhandhariya. The six-part series, according to the transmitter, aims to encourage viewers to follow their dreams, regardless of the challenges that may arise.
Where and when to watch it?
A new inspirational series will appear on Amazon Mini TV the day before. MiniTV is a major new streaming platform that offers miniseries from various Indian content producers. In addition, the giant offers many interesting free games on the platform. However, when watching your favorite movies, you may encounter ads.
The miniseries has already premiered on December 15, 2022, at 12 a.m. Indian Standard Time (IST). Directed by Abhishek Dhadharia, the series features many talented faces like Saif Hyder, Anuraag Arora, Ishika Gagneja, and Anurag Thakur.
Who is Alakh Pandey?
- Alakh Pandey is the CEO and founder of the EdTech unicorn platform Physics Wallah.
- The Physics Wallah journey began for Alakh in 2014, when he dropped out of fourth year B Tech and started a YouTube channel, Physics Wallah, where he taught simplified physics to students.
- Born in October 1991, Alakh Pandey’s early years of education were in Prayagraj himself.
- Due to the family’s financial constraints, he started teaching at an early age.
- As he was good in science, he got a good rank in UPSCEE, which enabled him to get admission to Harcourt Butler Technical Institute (HBTI), Kanpur.
- He enrolled in the mechanical engineering course at the college.
- Pandey excelled in his college by getting 80 in physics in his first year of B Tech. To pursue his passion, he also started teaching at B Tech in his sophomore year. By his third year, his interest in teaching had grown and he wanted to learn again.
- He was also not satisfied with what he was being taught at his college, believing that academics were not that important in life. In his final year, he dropped out of school and returned to Prayagraj. In 2014, he started his YouTube channel Fiziks Wallah.
- He said that many schools offered him a lot of money to teach their platforms, but he refused to leave them because of the difference in their standards.
- Allah started giving his first money to raise.
- He also revealed that his company is preparing to launch educational content in nine languages, including Bengali, Marathi, Tamil, Telugu, Gujarati, and Malayalam.
- When asked about global issues, Alah said that his current target is to solve 20 percent of India’s educational problems.
- While Alakh Pandey handles academics, Prateek handles business, finance, and everything else.
- Today, Physics Wallah has 500 teachers.
- The platform is also very popular on social media.
How did Physics Wallah rise to fame?
Allah knew early on that there were many students thirsty for knowledge and that he could teach them physics and chemistry using his simplified methods.
- Initially, he uploaded teaching videos on Class 12 subjects in 2015/16, but it didn’t work.
- Then in 2017, when he uploaded videos on subjects related to high school students, the subscriber base of his channel increased.