Reduces carbon footprint
January 6, 2023
It should be clarified and taken into account that all these impacts are linked to all those activities, interests, decisions, and needs that the populations have in relation to the administration of the areas, which have reached the limit of pressure, which has come to trigger the destruction of habitats, and with it the contamination that implies with it a much more accelerated erosion, taking with it also the disappearance of the same ones and to be able to give support to the well-being of those generations that at the moment live and next to it to the future ones, mitigating the degradation of the same one, and next to it the possible benefits that this type of ecosystems can generate.
How to reduce the carbon footprint?
The origin of greenhouse gases is very diverse, as they are linked to multiple activities, both direct and indirect. From transportation, electricity consumption, and industries, there are many day-to-day activities and economic activities that generate greenhouse gases. Therefore, the carbon footprint, which represents the total amount of these gases emitted, is the best indicator for assessing the effects of climate change and its evolution. All measures aimed at reducing the carbon footprint, therefore, imply a continuous reduction in the greenhouse gas emissions that we generate, directly or indirectly, because of our business activity.
The carbon footprint can be calculated and applied to all types of activities: we can calculate our personal carbon footprint, of a product, of a country, of an industry, or an industrial process, which makes the carbon footprint a very valuable indicator to calculate how much we are contributing to climate change and above all how to establish actions that can reduce our carbon footprint and be able to monitor its evolution over time. In the same way that we can measure the carbon footprint of any environment, we can also create a plan to reduce our carbon footprint, either at the company level or at the level of a specific process, product, or person.
- Use light sensors in offices
- Make the most of natural light
- Install presence detectors in low-use areas
- Install renewable energy systems for air conditioning, such as solar thermal panels.
- Regulating air conditioning temperature, using thermostats.
- Optimize the performance of DHW boilers and carry out the correct maintenance.
- Measuring emissions from air conditioning systems
- Replace air-conditioning units with others that operate with refrigerants with lower GWP.
- Keep air conditioning equipment turned off when it is not needed.
- Turn off electrical equipment when it is not being used.
- Periodically check the equipment to ensure proper operation.
- Purchase energy-efficient equipment
- Encourage more sustainable means of transportation: public transportation, bicycles, and car sharing.
- Conduct awareness days among employees to inform them of how they can contribute to reducing their carbon footprint.
- Manage waste appropriately (apply the 3Rs: reduce, reuse, and recycle).
- Use energy-efficient or energy-efficient lighting and air conditioning systems.
- Participatory design of actions to recover ecosystem elements. Select areas where restoration actions will be implemented (farms, community interest areas, conservation areas).
- Integrate local knowledge and promote its application in restoration actions. Disseminate native species propagation techniques and management of nurseries and greenhouses.
- Dissemination of various restoration techniques (soil restoration, eradication of invasive species, among others).
- Integration of the topic of ecological restoration in the academic programs of educational centers.
- Carrying out practical and investigative activities with students and parents of schools and colleges.
- Strengthening the knowledge of public officials in relation to ecological restoration.
- Participatory creation of materials that disseminate local knowledge and restoration actions initiated (herbariums, informational brochures, booklets, newsletters).
- Implement more campaigns to make people aware of the resources lost to pollution.
- Generate awareness for citizens and tourists.