Set up and get started with Microsoft Advertising on Bing
February 22, 2021
One of the most used mechanisms in the world of digital marketing is that of online advertisements. And although Google Ads is one of the most popular services, now you can also count on Microsoft Advertising on Bing.
If you want to position your brand, product, service or company through online publications, you should know the options and alternatives offered by the Microsoft option, as well as the advantages that the service includes.
What are the benefits of Microsoft Advertising?
Among the main and most attractive advantages that Microsoft Advertising provides, we can mention the following:
- Greater reach: Microsoft Advertising gives you a much greater reach compared to Google Ads. Your ads will reach tens of millions of individuals, to whom you do not have access through the Google service.
- High level of earnings: your earnings could rise considerably, if we take into account that the public of Microsoft Search Network, usually spend more money through the Internet.
This combination of factors is, without a doubt, extremely attractive and beneficial for your company, when it comes to advertising.
Set up and use Microsoft Advertising on Bing
Thinking that many people already have a set of publications made in Google Ads, Microsoft Advertising offers the possibility of importing your campaigns. In this way you can take advantage of the material that you already have ready, and you don’t have to start from scratch.
Import your Google Ads campaigns to Microsoft Advertising
If you choose to import your campaigns, you can also configure the automatic imports option to constantly sync your Google Ads and Microsoft Advertising campaigns.
To import your campaigns follow these steps from the Microsoft Advertising screen:
- Select the Import Campaigns> Import from Google Ads options.
- Then enter your Google account through the option “Sign in to Google”.
- Click on the option “Choose your Google Ads Campaigns” and select one of the two options that appear: “Import all existing and new campaigns” or “Import specific campaigns”.
- Then choose exactly the elements you want to import, by marking the checkboxes.
- Then press “Continue”.
- The next step to take is to select the import schedule you want. You can import the campaigns: “Now”, “only once”, “daily”, “weekly” or “monthly”.
- Finally, press “Import”.
After the import process
Once the import process is complete, the Microsoft Advertising platform will make the Google Ads configuration as similar as possible to the current one.
However, you should bear in mind that some features and components are not compatible between both platforms, so we recommend that you verify the result after importing your campaigns. This way you can be sure that everything will work perfectly.
Define a payment method for your ads
Once you have imported and configured your campaigns in Bing, you must define the payment method that you will use.
Please note that Microsoft Advertising is an advertising service that works on a pay-per-click (PPC) mechanism. In other words, they charge you every time someone clicks on one of your ads.
There are two main payment options in Microsoft Advertising: prepaid and postpaid.
- Prepayment: You must fund your account for the charges to be deducted from those funds.
- Postpaid: You can pay regularly after charges accrue. With the postpaid option you have two billing alternatives:
- Threshold: offers you the possibility of paying with a card, once you reach the maximum amount of your billing limit or on your monthly billing date.
- Monthly bill: Get a credit approval to charge a certain monthly amount, and pay through a monthly billing process.
You can pay with:
- Credit card
- Prepaid credit card
- Wire transfer
- SEPA direct debit
- Brazilian Bank Ticket
Some payment tools are supported to cancel prepaid or postpaid. You must validate this on the Microsoft Advertising website.
Quickly and easily set up your campaigns, and enjoy the advantages offered by Microsoft Advertising on Bing.