The Witcher: Blood Origin
November 26, 2022
The news recently broke that the actor Henry Cavill, who used to play Geralt, will no longer be in the world of The Witcher, this character will now be played by the also renowned actor Liam Hemsworth. However, we can find that there is one more season of The Witcher where we can see the actor Henry Cavill, who continues to fight beasts in that season where he is still.
We also find a limited series prequel to Witcher, called Blood Origin, which stars Michelle Yeoh and other famous actors. We can appreciate that the setting of The Witcher: Blood Origin is in an elven world 1200 years before the world of The Witcher, which also tells of the creation of the first Witcher prototype and where the Conjunction of Spheres that united the kingdoms of monsters, elves and humans is one of the central points of the prequel.
The Witcher: Blood Origin Teaser
On Netflix we can find the prequel teaser, along with a touching background song, in which fans can watch and get an idea of what will happen.
In the trailer you can see the origins of the central trio, made up of Scian, Éile and Fjall, and where we can see that the series will have important high-octave action sequences, since we will see this trio fighting in many battles. We can also see in the trailer a bit of a gloomy aura that gives it a focus on the mysteries that will be revealed in the series.
What will it be about?
This prequel will show and transport us all 1200 years before everything that happened to know the origins of the first Witcher series, also focusing on the Conjunction of the Spheres, which is a fateful event that when it happened united the kingdoms of the monsters, the elves and the humans; and despite how little is known about the event other than what has been written in books, or seen in The Witcher series or even in games, showrunner Declan De Barra what he wants and wants is to get deeper into the narrative of the story.
10 things to know about The Witcher: Blood Origin:
- It takes place 1,200 years before the time of Geralt, Yennefer, and Ciri.
- We can see before the arrival of monsters and men the “Golden Age” of the Elves.
- It features some central characters and audience favorites from the books in the latest Witcher series, as well as out-of-this-world items and discoveries that play out in later seasons.
- It also explores the events leading up to the Conjunction of the Spheres, as mentioned above, which is a mysterious event that has been mentioned quite a bit in the series. “We’re going to explain how it happened and the reasons it happened.”
- Something that was mentioned by Declan de Barra that the actual initial mechanics for the first official witcher and also the Trial of Herbs, was open to experimentation, and that the first warlock didn’t happen until after the creation of witcher schools and the arrival of the humans.
- “That’s what we delve into: What is the prototype of the witcher? Say, Geralt is version 13.0, the upgrade. Ours is the 1.0, rough and ready — the concept of a witcher. It’s the original model,” mentioned Declan de Barra.
- Some of the characters that have already been revealed include Lenny Henry, who plays the wise chief Balor, Minnie Driver is a Seanchaí, a shape-shifting storyteller, as well as Michelle Yeoh’s Scian, Sophia Brown’s Éile and Laurence O’Fuarain’s Fjall.
- It is said that there are three kingdoms, and they have been at war for 1000 years, which caused the dwarves to be driven into the mountains, hence the “Golden Age of the Elves” which may sound a bit idyllic.
- “We have a character who’s crucial in the books in terms of their prophecies. They mention a prophecy that becomes very important in the world of Sapkowski’s books,” said Declan de Barra.
- The release of the four episodes will be this December 25. In case you want to check other premiers on Netflix, you can check by clicking here
We can also appreciate in the trailer exciting wars, picturesque locations and the intriguing story that lies ahead in this new part of The Witcher.